• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Simplistic language use

I agree with you 100%.

Which brings me too the next one that triggers me. When someone says they agree 120%, or they are going to give it 200%. Uhm... That is not possible. Because then the 200% would be your 100%. Something you do or give can never be more than 100%.
I agree with you 100% and only that much ;)

Ah yes, I hate that 'literally' has become a non-literal word, so if you do mean something literally literally people may still think you're exaggerating.

"I'm literally dying" when someone just feels tired.

So whenever I'm explaining something, I have to put a lot of emphasis on 'literally' by saying "I LITERALLY literally, like, really truly do..." but even that sounds exaggerating like it's just as false as the "I'm literally dying" one.

So yes, the word 'literally' has lost its meaning.
*screams*

New Threads

Top Bottom