• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Silly things you believed/thought you could do as a kid

When I was a kid, I thought an apple tree would grow out of my belly and kill me painfully if I ever ate the seeds of an apple.

I have several: Only women could have babies and they became pregnant by just randomly getting fat, women had an easier life than men because they could stay at home all day and not go to work and do things like go on shopping sprees or watching tv all day (I knew nothing about cooking or house keeping), that people could hear me from inside the tv and even see me, buttercups were used to make butter, Bambi’s mom wasn’t dead and actually abandoned him to live in another part of the forest, that Littlefoot’s mom was also still alive and that she abandoned her son too, and that people automatically became ghosts when they died and could be talked to at any given time by friends and family.

I'd look at my arm and then poke my finger at the top of my eyelid to give myself double vision and thought the double image of my arm I was seeing was my physical body and my soul.

I also didn't realize that the Wayback Machine were just archived snapshots of a website and I'd try to register on different forums and message boards using it in an attempt to seem like I was a much more established user than I was. (Like say if 10 year old me discovered a forum in 2006, I'd try to use the Wayback Machine to register an account on the site using an archived version from 2002 because I thought that I could do that and my account would then exist on the site in the present and say I joined in 2002, I didn't realize I wasn't somehow literally viewing an active web page from 2002)
I looked directly at the sun multiple times and never thought it would damage my eyes.
I tried this thing where you put your fingers bent to your knuckles like some double jointed people do.
I hanged in the Guernsey and dropped and it really hurt my knees
I climbed on the top monkey bars
Idk what else??

I thought I could control the wind. I spent so much time playing outside and in the woods communing with nature that I would yell: "SILENCE!" to the wind and a good number of times the wind would die down for a bit.
I love that . Autistics are often different maybe U could control it a bit

I'd look at my arm and then poke my finger at the top of my eyelid to give myself double vision and thought the double image of my arm I was seeing was my physical body and my soul.

I also didn't realize that the Wayback Machine were just archived snapshots of a website and I'd try to register on different forums and message boards using it in an attempt to seem like I was a much more established user than I was. (Like say if 10 year old me discovered a forum in 2006, I'd try to use the Wayback Machine to register an account on the site using an archived version from 2002 because I thought that I could do that and my account would then exist on the site in the present and say I joined in 2002, I didn't realize I wasn't somehow literally viewing an active web page from 2002)
You know those tiny dust particles that float through the air that almost shine when direct sunlight hits them? I used to think they were fairies and would try and catch them in my hands

New Threads

Top Bottom