• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Signaling Interest

bentHnau

Exploding Radical
Without drastic changes in social behavior (aka acting), how could a person who makes little eye contact, makes few/atypical gestures and facial expressions, and has atypical prosody avoid having approaching strangers and acquaintances assume disinterest and walk away?

By "atypical" I mean to imply that the facial expressions, body gestures, and voice volume and inflection are prone to misinterpretation and are therefore not reliable ways to signal interest.

Well, one might have to at least glance briefly at the center of their face, smile a bit and say "Hi." I'm not sure what else. It's just what I've tried personally.

New Threads

Top Bottom