• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I take a new evaluation test?

monjanse

I took the aspietest on Norwegian. It says im both aspie and nevrotypic. The nevrotypic hunt was over normal. Shoul I take a new test with the phsyciatist?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 78
You should do some research on Aspergers Syndrome, and think about if you find it relatable. Ask close friends and family what they think. Do you think you have changed much sence you were diagnosed? If you are questioning your diagnoses, then you should get re-evaluated, if you want to.

I took my tests from free online offerings. I made a serious attempt to take them as honestly as I could because it only matters to me. I followed the instructions as well as I could and tried to not inject anything that might be from any internal agenda. I took the tests twice about 4 months apart and got similar results. I consider that sufficiently definitive for me.

My Asperger's Syndrome is from severe trauma when I was an infant. My tests clearly show both the harm done on the Neurotypical side and the consequential result as my brain repaired itself on the Autistic side. The text included with the results of both tests commented on the NT problem and the AS scores. Clearly, this split result is not uncommon.

Whether you or any reader took the definitive tests in a professional environment or, like me, from free offerings, taking another round from free online sources after a substantial delay (so you are not easily recalling the previous set of answers) and being honest with yourself might be a good thing. Each chart can be expected to be slightly different but substantially the same. If the new charts are very different from the originals, then professional attention may be appropriate.

New Threads

Top Bottom