• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I suicide if no-one cares or loves me in life?

guitarandtattoos

[Prog Intensifies]
Lately I've been thinking about it a lot. I don't have any friends, any family, anyone special. Also, I don't feel entitled to have any friends, family or SO. No-one owes me anything. Also, I love myself in a lot of ways so don't give me the I need to love myself garbage. I really don't see a reason to be alive if everyday is just the same and there is no motivating love factor.

Are you looking for permission?
Are you looking for someone to say "no don't do it"
Are you looking for someone to agree with you and say "yea, life sucks, go ahead"

Bottom line: You are a free autonomous person, you have to choose to live. If you don't know what to do, then I would suggest doing nothing until you do know.

Are you looking for permission?
Are you looking for someone to say "no don't do it"
Are you looking for someone to agree with you and say "yea, life sucks, go ahead"

Bottom line: You are a free autonomous person, you have to choose to live. If you don't know what to do, then I would suggest doing nothing until you do know.

I would say no. If no one cares , there are benefits. You can be who you are and never have to worry about someone judging you. You can fall into your ASD and be yourself. You never have to worry about someone telling you how to look or talk or try to keep you away from friends. You are your own self.

Think of all the trauma you are NOT going through, trauma that a lot of us have had because we reached out and were "loved". Yeah, love is not all it's cracked up to be. Read Plato's Phaedrus on the horrors of "love." It's no bargain for many of us.

Further more, we like you here. Your posts make people smile and your icon is great. I think of Aspie Central as family. I am not ashamed to say it. The people here have helped me many times. So we do care. So you DO have people who care. Even if our lives are hard, people here care a lot.

You are a cat in sunglasses and I am a cat looking away. That means you are my brother.

Please don't do it! I have thought about it in the past as well, and I'm so glad I never killed myself. Please, please, please don't kick the bucket. Your life is precious and worth living. If you are worried you might do it, or feel like you are at risk, call 911. I am praying for you.

@guitarandtattoos I agree with @TheFreeCat as far as this forum - feels like family and you are part of this family. You're 25. You have a lot of years ahead of you that you can do what you want with. Are you free of responsibilities? My dream when I was young was to travel and just get temp jobs - enough to get me to the next place I wanted to go. You can do anything you want to do and have so much to learn about life, about places, about people, about everything.
If you're feeling like you need love in your life - wait for it, search for it. There's a lot of other lonely people out there looking for someone to love them and sometimes it takes loving someone to be loved in return.

You may not have friends, family or love someone. However.

Are you in severe debt? Do you have people after you that will torture you for months until you die?
Do you know as an absolute fact that the future holds for you a fate worse than death, like the scenario outlined above. Not just your current perception imposed on a perceived negative (no friends, family).

Sounds like you're just bored with life.
if you want companionship get a dog.
Statistically speaking a loved one / wife would make your life a much bigger hell than it is now.

If you're seriously considering suicide then why not do something risky that can pay off big time. Like seeing a professional clinical hypnotist to rewire your brain. Seeing as how you have no ties and you have plenty of time on your hands is a wildly successful life filled with the things you want not worth the risk? you would rather die without trying anything drastic?
It can be a massive game changer. And you barely have to do any work. The subconscious does all of the heavy lifting once new programs are installed.

So no you shouldn't kill yourself but if you do decide to go against advice here at least try something like what's outlined above. High risk high reward.

Last edited:
If you're feeling like you need love in your life - wait for it, search for it. There's a lot of other lonely people out there looking for someone to love them and sometimes it takes loving someone to be loved in return.
I have to disagree I have unconditionally loved others to get nothing in return.

Last edited:
Choose life! Sometimes we have to do this one day at a time. Sometimes it is all we can do to get through the day. But every day is not that bad and some days can even be good. How would you like your days to be? Is there something you can do to make your life more like you want it or need it to be? There are people here who care about you, so you were wrong when you thought no one cared.

Choose life! Sometimes we have to do this one day at a time. Sometimes it is all we can do to get through the day. But every day is not that bad and some days can even be good. How would you like your days to be? Is there something you can do to make your life more like you want it or need it to be? There are people here who care about you, so you were wrong when you thought no one cared.

@Ginseng I take everyday one at a time; I just take life as it comes and hope that it takes me. I don't feel like I can do anything to change situations. I don't have control of the universe and only of myself. I wish everyone could be happy and love each other and never feel lonely and feel appreciated and needed.

Okay, Who and why does anyone care about me here then? I feel like that is just something to be said so I don't feel bad or worse about the situation or how I feel. No-one really knows me here.

Do you care about other people, like us here on this forum? Did you know that you contribute a lot to our lives? You became a piece of the puzzle when you joined us and the puzzle will never be complete without every piece.
There are things I hate hearing all the time - like life is what you make it. It's partly true but partly false. Life is what we do with it while dealing with everything around us. Some things good, some, not so good. Both do have an effect on us, but we need to keep going and keep fighting, because you never know what's around the corner. There were times I yearned for more excitement and then there were times I yearned for a boring life. Now I've learned to be content in where I am and it takes time to learn that. Give yourself time. There's more puzzles out there with missing pieces that you might just be that missing piece.

@Ginseng I take everyday one at a time; I just take life as it comes and hope that it takes me. I don't feel like I can do anything to change situations. I don't have control of the universe and only of myself. I wish everyone could be happy and love each other and never feel lonely and feel appreciated and needed.

Okay, Who and why does anyone care about me here then? I feel like that is just something to be said so I don't feel bad or worse about the situation or how I feel. No-one really knows me here.
You're from Michigan. Where in Michigan? I meant to ask you that earlier then got side tracked. I lived in Marquette for a while - 'say ya to da UP too, heh'. I loved that bumper sticker when I lived there.
So - tell ya what. Give us a little more time to get to know more about you. We do care, but in a while we're going to care even more. Give us that time we need to know you better.

I care because you are an Aspie. If you were not, I would not care so much. I care about family, cats , and Aspies.

It makes me SO MAD that HFA are left to rot. I am left to rot, too. So I do care because I know how it feels for some idiot to say to us, "Oh, you can go to the bathroom on your own, so now you are fine!"

I know LFA who function better than I do. I care about LFA, too, don't get me wrong. But wow, we are left to rot.

If I had schizophrenia, I would care about them. But I am ND so I know that ache, to be smart and yet not able to function and have IDIOTS telling you how to live your live.

You are so very lucky right now that they are not overtly killing us off. They are doing it in the womb. And once "they" think they have found the genetics of autism, wow.....we will never see the light of day.

Try to stick it out because you are young and not sick yet. You are not having to deal with HFA and illness!! Or being HFA and in a nursing home. Or homeless.

Screw all that about unconditional love and all that. Stay around because other HFA need you and because we DO like you! It is not all words.

When people suicide it hurts so much. IRA or not.

Please don't kill yourself. I don't know what else to say but just please don't do it. Everyone on here would miss you and the COOL GINGER CAT IN AWESOME SUNGLASSES! :). Think of us as your friends and family because we are. We're not related by blood, but we're still a nice big friendly autistic online family and we would miss anyone including you, who leaves. I don't know you very well, but you seem like a pretty cool person - you have your own problems (I do too), but you seem like a pretty nice guy and you have stuff to offer the world, whether you think so or not, because everyone has something to offer the world and a reason to live, know it, believe it or not. If you don't have anything to offer the world (but you do, believe me), you have plenty to offer on these forums, and we don't want you to leave. Dude, give life a second chance. And a third chance, and a fourth chance and a fifth chance and a sixth chance and a seventh chance, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th.... You've probably given life all of those chances, but give it more, please.

Do it for us and the cool ginger cat in sunglasses that is your profile picture.

Try to get help, it is very hard and i know you want to die, but getting help really helps sometimes, and believe me, everyone on here wants you to feel better and stay alive. If you don't want to get help, well just come on here more often, and hang out and talk to others, we all like having you on here and chatting to you. No, we don't know you, but YES we do care about you because you are one of us and part of our nice online autistic and Aspie family and we will miss you a lot if you leave and we want to get to know you more.

I'm sorry, I haven't been that helpful, but please keep living. It's really hard, but just hold on.

Do you care about other people, like us here on this forum? Did you know that you contribute a lot to our lives?
@Pats I care about people here but then again I genuinely care for the well being of anyone and wish them the best. I don't see how I contribute much to anyone's lives here. I may make someone smile and they will have some fleeting happiness for a moment. Also will try to share my experiences here and maybe someone will feel the same way I do or I'll say something someone was unable to say for themselves. I still don't feel like anyone needs me here.

Do you know how important a smile can be for someone who is sad most the time or struggling with people that don't like them? Do you realize how good it makes someone feel for someone to say what they've been feeling for so many years? That's what drew me to this forum - I read a few things and was like, "whoah" that's it!!! No one else understands, but people here do. Ands if you give one person that, you've done a lot.

Everyone on here is looking for some kind of connection with others.
You didn't answer what part of Michigan. :)

Screw all that about unconditional love and all that.

What if that is my personal reason of being alive to unconditionally love, To just not do that would kill me anyway because that would mean I'm done fulfilling the purpose I am here.

I'm pretty positive that's the reason I exist and it doesn't help that in this world unconditional love is taken advantage of or treated poorly. People are either too broken to accept love or too broken to give love in the process.

So, most people are just beating the crap out of each other cuz they are hurt and want to hurt others back.

What if that is my personal reason of being alive to unconditionally love, To just not do that would kill me anyway because that would mean I'm done fulfilling the purpose I am here.

I'm pretty positive that's the reason I exist and it doesn't help that in this world unconditional love is taken advantage of or treated poorly. People are either too broken to accept love or too broken to give love in the process.

So, most people are just beating the crap out of each other cuz they are hurt and want to hurt others back.
Wow - your reason for being here feels like mine. It's not an easy thing to do always and we may never see outcomes, but we do it because people need it. What they do with it depends on them, but we do all need it and if you're one of the few people who can give that unconditional love, then you're a very important part of this forum and of this world because there are so few.

New Threads

Top Bottom