• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I have been allowed to say something?

ZebraAutismo

V.I.P Member
Today in the library at collage I was reading when a boy from the school we are connected too picked up a Rosemary from a display about Christinity and start swinging around and going on about summoning demons. I wanted to say something to this boy having grown up in a Christian environment this made me uncomfortable.(but the teachers said I couldn't as it won't harming a way. But in my opinion this is as bad as someone putting a jumper on their head and pretending to be a muslim.

I don't know should I have explained to boy what the rosemary meant?

Do you mean rosary?

Looks sort of like a bead necklace with a cross.....
upload_2017-6-8_16-2-47.jpeg

I thin
Today in the library at collage I was reading when a boy from the school we are connected too picked up a Rosemary from a display about Christinity and start swinging around and going on about summoning demons. I wanted to say something to this boy having grown up in a Christian environment this made me uncomfortable.(but the teachers said I couldn't as it won't harming a way. But in my opinion this is as bad as someone putting a jumper on their head and pretending to be a muslim.

I don't know should I have explained to boy what the rosemary meant?
think HES seen the exorcist or horror movies he obviously insecure spirituality and he is confronting it in a childish way
like 99% of people he has some form of mental illness

I don't try to teach someone something unless they are receptive. He was not. You did the right thing to ignore it.

I thin
think HES seen the exorcist or horror movies he obviously insecure spirituality and he is confronting it in a childish way
like 99% of people he has some form of mental illness
Okay feel kind of bad if that's the case but glad I didn't say anything in case he lashed out.

@ZebraAspie

To me it seems the boy and the teacher were both out of line.
It was inappropriate for him to play around with the rosary that way.
It was lax of the teacher to allow it.

I think you had the right idea if you wanted him to stop.
He has some idea that a rosary might be a symbol of power,
but his attitude was very poor.

Since the teachers said do nothing, that's what you had to do,
though. Nothing.

I wonder what they'd have done if he started clowning around
that way with Muslim prayer beads. Maybe the same thing.
Nothing.

Surely the display wasn't intended for comedic purposes or
mockery. That doesn't seem likely.

He didn't care what the Rosary meant, or more likely he had some vague idea that it was important to Christianity and was actively seeking to be an agitator. He was fishing for someone to be offended and say something, it's a sort of cowardly way of picking a fight.

By not saying anything you actually refused to play his game. So by my judgment things turned out in the end as well as they were going to in a situation like that where someone is hiding behind the bulwark of living in a society of laws and thus has no fear of immediate and painful consequences for his legally-sanctioned unnecessarily provocative behavior a.k.a freedom of expression.

This is exactly why assault laws need to be relaxed. If people knew they could get their ass beat for acting like that, incidents like this would not happen quite so much. The world would be a much friendlier place in general.

@ZebraAspie

To me it seems the boy and the teacher were both out of line.
It was inappropriate for him to play around with the rosary that way.
It was lax of the teacher to allow it.

I think you had the right idea if you wanted him to stop.
He has some idea that a rosary might be a symbol of power,
but his attitude was very poor.

Since the teachers said do nothing, that's what you had to do,
though. Nothing.

I wonder what they'd have done if he started clowning around
that way with Muslim prayer beads. Maybe the same thing.
Nothing.

Surely the display wasn't intended for comedic purposes or
mockery. That doesn't seem likely.
I was more annoyed at the teacher for not wanting to educate him about he's doing. The display was designed to teach people about different culturals.

Yeah, it doesn't seem right at all, for a teacher to
allow that sort of behavior. It was really cynical.

Did anybody else notice this?
If so, what was the reaction of other people?

Yeah, it doesn't seem right at all, for a teacher to
allow that sort of behavior. It was really cynical.

Did anybody else notice this?
If so, what was the reaction of other people?
One of my very Christians cringed, the librarian and 2 of our collage teachers saw it.

New Threads

Top Bottom