• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I be offended that someone called me a robot? How do I be less robotic?

This person online (on another site) called me a robot. He said I didn't seem interested in what he was saying because my answers were robotic. They seemed upset so I was just trying to be a good listener. Has anyone else been called robotic? How do I fix this?

i-m-not-a-robot-i-have-feelings
The only way to "fix" this is to become one of them. Give irresponsible and spontaneous responses to serious and complex statements [like politicians often do] Chances are they will not even have the self discipline to listen to your responses so it won't matter much unless you are telling them how to safely dismantle a bomb. If that is the scenario, it is best done remotely ;-)

Indeed that is ironic! Maybe a good comeback would have been to say something like, "Yes, I do. Now. Do you know how insensitive you sound?
From the Father of Aspie Thought: "Never affirm, seldom deny, always distinguish." --Thomas Aquinas

New Threads

Top Bottom