• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I be confident that this manager at a restaurant into me?

i was talking to girl at a restaurant who was a waitress. after that the manager fired the girl i was talking to, then the manager started coming up to me, playing with her hair, giving me quick glances when other people are around, she told me that the other girl was a horrible worker, that she was on a lot of meds and always called out from work and told me "you dont need a crazy girlfriend like her. you need to find a chill girlfriend like i am to my boyfriends"

I'd be asking another question - should you be in to the sort of person that manager seems to be?

That sounds bizarre. I think I'd personally avoid both of them & go find the girl YOU like.
Also, she says "my boyfriends" -- OP is fixing to get cheated on!

You know those old WW2 air raid sirens that were powered by big V8 engines?

Yeah; BLARING.

This manager has crossed multiple professional and personal boundaries in just that one paragraph. Anyone who would gossip and meddle in coworkers' love lives is deleterious, but when they're in charge it's unhinged behavior.

Heart to heart, dude: if you're asking rando internet people what they think, then you don't have the skills to handle this person in a relationship. If she will eff with other people at work she will eff with you too - sounds like she already is.

If you really want to get to know this person do it slowly and, if something seems off or unfair, don't ignore it. We all need affeciton and acceptance, but it doesn't sound like that is what this is. This sounds more like a web of drama.

i was talking to girl at a restaurant who was a waitress. after that the manager fired the girl i was talking to, then the manager started coming up to me, playing with her hair, giving me quick glances when other people are around, she told me that the other girl was a horrible worker, that she was on a lot of meds and always called out from work and told me "you dont need a crazy girlfriend like her. you need to find a chill girlfriend like i am to my boyfriends"
@EnvelopesAndPaper
You asked if you should be confident that this person is into you. Do you see any red flags in what you have described? What do you think of her comment and behavior?

If I may ask, do you / are you...

1. Usually show up at the restaurant by yourself,
2. A regular, and
3. Leave generous tips

If yes to two or more, there's a good chance that you've been identified as a gold-digging target.

2. A regular, and
3. Leave generous tips

If yes to two or more, there's a good chance that you've been identified as a gold-digging target.
I dont know if she is a gold digger. She says they pay her very wel.

First girl who was fired — what was the reasoning for that and why did the manager decide to make it public by coming up to you and mentioning that? That seems extremely unprofessional and immature. How old are they both?

I suggest you run from this and dont look back.

I dont know if she is a gold digger. She says they pay her very wel.
The other forum member was asking about do you leave good tips. If you are a restaurant regular and a generous tipper, the manager might be thinking that you are prime target for her gold digging.

Just stay away from her, man, she's probably crazy. It's not worth it.

2. A regular, and
3. Leave generous tips

I come both by myself and with friends about once a week. I leave 20-25% tips

First girl who was fired — what was the reasoning for that and why did the manager decide to make it public by coming up to you and mentioning that? That seems extremely unprofessional and immature. How old are they both?

I suggest you run from this and dont look back.
The manager is 32. The other girl is 25. She was looking for little excuses to fire her (ex: "wanting a certain time slot off"). She didnt tell anyone else about the problems they were having but the manager told me a lot of reasons why I should stay away from the former server (ex: "you know she is crazy and takes a lot of meds behind the scenes; why do you wanna be around someone like that?")

Everything that manager seems to tell you is absurdly out of line to say to any patron. That should spell trouble to most anyone. Just find a new restaurant and forget this unfortunate encounter.

The manager is 32. The other girl is 25. She was looking for little excuses to fire her (ex: "wanting a certain time slot off"). She didnt tell anyone else about the problems they were having but the manager told me a lot of reasons why I should stay away from the former server (ex: "you know she is crazy and takes a lot of meds behind the scenes; why do you wanna be around someone like that?")
It is allowable to take medication. In fact a good many people here do, too.

I'm pretty sure it's unprofessional to trash talk people for taking medicine and requesting time off. These are normal people things.

This whole thing sounds like some nonsense.

It is allowable to take medication. In fact a good many people here do, too.

I'm pretty sure it's unprofessional to trash talk people for taking medicine and requesting time off. These are normal people things.

What I believe is that its not really about time off or medications: She didnt like the other girl expressing interest in me and found pretextual reasons to get rid off her. Then she tried to make me lose interest in the waitress by saying she is not entirely mentally health. I cant see any other reason she did that.

A proper manager would never convey personal information about any employee, especially a terminated one. That poses a potentially huge amount of liability for the restaurant. Something is VERY wrong here.

Perhaps more indicative of a criminal setting up a victim as their mark. Not a flattering case of flirting. Flirting being the bait. Where you don't want to hang around to see what happens.

New Threads

Top Bottom