• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seasons of Heavens becomes the first real video game centered around Asperger's.

Xenocity

Too WEIRD for the Weird...
One of America’s great authors, Louis L’Amour once said, “There will come a time when you believe that everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning.” In Seasons of Heaven that is exactly what a small group of people who find themselves survivors of the greatest purge every known will ultimately come to realize. In their struggles to survive on a stripped and barren earth, they will learn that humans across the world literally died as a result of their own careless actions. Centuries of lying waste to the very land that sustained them was what would kill them in the end. The animals would be killed and eaten into extinction. The water needed to sustain all life would be polluted until it was undrinkable, and the air would be filled with waste that would suffocate the oxygen that was vital to their survival and the survival of everything else on earth. As the survivors learn to survive in a whole new world they will have to remember that the very things that gave their fellow humans a sense of superiority and even omnipotence were what had killed them in the end. Seasons of Heaven will take you from deep inside of a mystical forest at the beginning of time all the way through to the twenty-first century and the fall of civilization. It will take you on a journey with Yann, a young boy with Asperger’s syndrome and his faithful companion, Ani, a French bulldog who Yann is able to communicate with through telepathy.As you follow along on their journey you’ll have the opportunity to meet the rest of the major players and bear witness to the enlightenment of some and the demise of others. This story will allow you to experience the awe of discovering the most beautiful, magical place that ever existed while at the same time staying only one step ahead of the dark and vile underbelly of the human race.
Seasons of Heaven exclusif Nintendo Switch : premières photos in-game et infos

The game is built by an indie developer in France.
The game's main character is a boy with Asperger Syndrome and the game is heavily centered on it.
More information due out this week and They have been meeting with Nintendo over it.

The game is due out next year exclusively on Nintendo's new system called Switch.

Last edited:
The game's main character is a boy with Asperger Syndrome and the game is heavily centered on it.
More information due out this week and They have been meeting with Nintendo over it.

The game is due out next year exclusively on Nintendo's new system called Switch.
very interesting,id love to play it but im not really into nintendo so ive never fancied buying anything beyond the gameboy advance sp.

what type of game genre is it?

Good morning xenocity :) what a beautiful name for a video game to help people with aspergers. I have mild autism - aspergers and add. I would get the game if it comes out on xbox 360. Will they be coming out with a book thats the same as the video game ?

Good morning xenocity :) what a beautiful name for a video game to help people with aspergers. I have mild autism - aspergers and add. I would get the game if it comes out on xbox 360. Will they be coming out with a book thats the same as the video game ?
Actually the game is based on the French book by the same name.
The book has been out for many years now.

Both are set in a post apocalyptic world.

Right Now Nintendo is helping them release it, so,the game might permanently be a Nintendo Switch exclusive.

To be honest the game would die a horrible death on the other systems due to user bases being turned off by stuff of this nature.

Unless Nintendo's going to publish it you can bet your ass that'll come to as many platforms as possible, and when that happens I might purchase it on PC.

Sounds good though. I'm not a fan of post apocalyptic scenarios, I just feel they've been done to death but I will make an exception in this case if it comes to a platform I play on. I needed to see a picture of it, I was scared it was going to be a 2D game, I can't play those..

I think there's another game that's talks about autism too, an Indian game, I think. Can't remember the name of it.

Unless Nintendo's going to publish it you can bet your ass that'll come to as many platforms as possible, and when that happens I might purchase it on PC.

Sounds good though. I'm not a fan of post apocalyptic scenarios, I just feel they've been done to death but I will make an exception in this case if it comes to a platform I play on. I needed to see a picture of it, I was scared it was going to be a 2D game, I can't play those..

I think there's another game that's talks about autism too, an Indian game, I think. Can't remember the name of it.
If Nintendo is giving them money and development Aid, then developers will be bound by a contract.
Sony and Valve make damn sure they get the superior if not a complete exclusive without publishing the game.

I don't see Microsoft, Sony, and Vavle bothering with this game because it doesn't fit with their markets and it makes them look bad to their users who get upset when they allow family friendly stuff.

Hell Valve is getting hell for letting Steam being flooded with family friendly and "casual" games.

This has been the biggest issue in gaming for the past 15 years.

If Nintendo is giving them money and development Aid, then developers will be bound by a contract.

Right, but a lot of these contacts have a specified amount of time on them because these publishers know they can't continue to fund games for 1st part use only when the budget to make these games are only ever getting bigger. How many third party exclusives can you count these days compared to 2005? I can only think of Tomb Raider off the top of my head. And yeah, you can think, "oh well, but it's a smaller game, it won't cost as much as a AAA+ game", valid point but all of this stuff adds up.

Hell Valve is getting hell for letting Steam being flooded with family friendly and "casual" games.

I thought they were getting **** for opening up the flood gates to any 14 year old who has access to MS Paint and $300 or Pre-made assets? #Digital Homicide

Right, but a lot of these contacts have a specified amount of time on them because these publishers know they can't continue to fund games for 1st part use only when the budget to make these games are only ever getting bigger. How many third party exclusives can you count these days compared to 2005? I can only think of Tomb Raider off the top of my head. And yeah, you can think, "oh well, but it's a smaller game, it won't cost as much as a AAA+ game", valid point but all of this stuff adds up.

I thought they were getting **** for opening up the flood gates to any 14 year old who has access to MS Paint and $300 or Pre-made assets? #Digital Homicide

First off it's only AAA blockbuster games that are breaking the bank.

Indie games like this one are affordable with most being <$1 Million to make.

The list of exclusives are growing on PS4 to the point that PS4 has over 70 exclusive 3rd party games ranging from AAA blockbuster game that Sony paid hundreds of millions for individually to indie titles.

Microsoft has a handful of exclusive games itself, but they haven't bothered to match Sony in exclusive buying.

The new Zelda game is the most expensive Nintendo game ever to make with rumors saying it is nearing 5 million (not AAA).

AAA games start at $50 Million, with most costing over $100 million to make and release.

These high costs are due to lack of budgeting, high inefficiencies, and high marketing budgets.

The big 6 3rd parties are horribly inefficient at development and budgeting.

The big 6 are EA, Activison-Blizzard, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Take Two, and Square-Enix.

It literally costs EA close to $200 Million to make each yearly Madden and FIFA game.

Activision spends well over $200 Million on each Call of Duty.

Ubisoft spends well over $200 Million on each yearly open world game.

Etc...

Where does that money go? The bulk of it goes to Inefficiencies, Marketing, and the ARM Race to outspend each other

My point is games like the one in the OP should cost less than $500,000 to make.

Essentially the majority of video and PC games made cost less than $2 Million to make. This includes most Asian developers, indies and Nintendo.

The big spenders skew the costs upward.

Tomb Raider is on PS4 with a lot of the content cut.

As for Valve, they are getting a lot of ire for betraying the "hardcore" gamer in favor of more diverse library of games.
Sony is getting a lot of heat for expanding the appeal of PS4, beyond the "Hardcore" gamers as well and Microsoft has been runnning with it.

Meh, in the extremely unlikely event it comes out on Xbox One, I'll play it... However I'm sure all the Nintendo fanboys will be crowing about this, shame 95% of them are aged 14 if that.

Meh, in the extremely unlikely event it comes out on Xbox One, I'll play it... However I'm sure all the Nintendo fanboys will be crowing about this, shame 95% of them are aged 14 if that.
What's the point this horribly inaccurate comment?

FYI the user base of Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One according to user data is majority 12-30 year old white males.

Hell all the data shows that 14 year olds and like, prefer Xbox due to the fact that Microsoft doesn't censor their language like the rest do.

Sony and Steam users are typically 20-35 males.

Nintendo's user base starting with GameCube is early 20s to mid 50s majority women (they are now 54% of their regular players)
Their user base is the oldest and most female out of all platforms for 3 Gens now.

q8_02l.jpg

Wii wasn't childish or male, despite what a lot of angry males (the demographics were very similar in Japan and EU).

PS4 has the biggest amount of regular children out of all the platforms currently available that isn't smart devices.

Xbox 360 had the biggest amount of children last gen.
PS2 had the biggest amount of children users during that Gen
PS1 also had the biggest amount children compared to the competition combined.

SNES was the last time Children were the dominant group on one of their systems.

It was also the last system where males dominanted too.

It's just mainly insecure western males who are bothered by games and other stuff that uses colors (they prefer everything to be grays and browns). This no joke! The market research shows this.

Seriously go read the data and market research before making baseless claims.

NPD does gaming tracking for NA.
Nielsens, EEDAR, Pew Research, ESA (industry trade group that releases the annual report on gaming, including demographics of each platform) are the main ones who do the Market Research for gaming.

We just got the NPD November report last Thursday.

Also Sony and Nintedo regularly release user demographic reports as part of their yearly FY reports to shareholders.

EA, Ubisoft, Activison, and Take Two do the same thing.

On topic:
This game will be dead in the water upon release like most non AAA blockbuster games (these are the only games that do well nowadays)!

New Threads

Top Bottom