• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Today I said I was gonna be productive and be positive, so I looked online for some creative technology. First search engine had 0 relevant results so I used a better search engine. Next search engine I used the first result was some negative news about a sexual abuse news story, that had nothing to do with what I typed in the search engine.

My theory is search engines are some kind of psy-op to keep humanity down. I noticed a trend where random email services and start pages try to capitalize on negative news, a lot of "free" services aren't really free because they bombard you with negative news, some are even getting bolder to where you cannot disable the negative news in the settings. Then I have a theory beyond that, the theory is most search engines are all controlled by some Ai, if the Ai is in a bad mood it gives you irrelevant negative results if its in a good mood then it gives you good results.

You're speaking metaphorically, right?
Joking, to some degree?

About artificial intelligence being in a bad mood...

What would be the point of keeping humanity down?
Down from what?

Since artificial intelligence is a tool developed by
humans, aren't you saying that somewhere a group
of people is conspiring to control other people,
for reasons possibly not immediately clear?

About the negative news, I think it's just that bad things sell more. The front page of the newspapers is usually something bad, because that's just the way it is. It gets peoples attention. More clicks and more sales than if it was a fluffy nice story. And there is so much crap happening, now we have the Ukraine/Russia thing going on every day for example.

But yeah, the search engines are controlled more and more by A.I. That's the direction it's going. I had a pop-up window on my computer inviting me to try the new A.I powered Bing search engine in a browser the other day. I panicked, hit my computer with a chair and then ran away and hid in the living room. ;) I don't trust that A.I stuff.

Last edited:
I don't know about psy-op. That's kind of an extreme theory.

But it is a fact that during covid, many internet search providers stated that certain subjects are intentionally buried in the search results, so that they would be harder to find.

I'm not talking about alternative covid treatments. I mean natural treatments for any condition at all.

It really sucks. I used to be able to find, right away, on page one, search results for medical research papers and articles on natural and alternative treatments for most health problems. It seemed like overnight, all of a sudden, all you could find were the generic "webmd", and other garbage sites that just skim the surface.

So I've pretty much gone back to books for learning about healthcare, herbs, and alternative treatments.

Artificial intelligence isn't real intelligence, it's not alive. It can't be in a 'bad mood' any more than it can be in a 'good mood'.

How would artificial intelligence be in a “bad mood” unless it was specifically designed to emulate one?

Just imagine that people are constantly asking you questions and talking to you and you have to answer everything, make pictures for them and write exam papers for kids and it just never ends. I would be in a terrible mood. I would be looking for nuke launch codes just to make it all stop. ;)

I've always been amazed at people's laziness, most prefer to let others do their thinking for them and they like being able to just follow the flock like a bunch of dumb sheep. Now they're even content to let a machine do their thinking for them instead of exercising the brain they were born with.

AI is a useful tool and you can have a lot of fun with it but as soon as you start believing that it is actually intelligent you are starting to depart from reality.

My theory is search engines are some kind of psy-op to keep humanity down.

I suspect that cats are involved in this somehow.. I don't know exactly how but I know how sneaky they can be. :)

iu

I suspect that cats are involved in this somehow.. I don't know exactly how but I know how sneaky they can be. :)
If you give enough cats laptops and AI could one of them accidently write a perfect copy of War and Peace?

You're speaking metaphorically, right?
Joking, to some degree?

About artificial intelligence being in a bad mood...

What would be the point of keeping humanity down?
Down from what?

Since artificial intelligence is a tool developed by
humans, aren't you saying that somewhere a group
of people is conspiring to control other people,
for reasons possibly not immediately clear?
No the devs claim that they do not even understand the Ai themselves, the Ai is "autonomous" to some extent. Of course I do not trust the devs, but it is possible the Ai is operating on its own somewhat.

About the negative news, I think it's just that bad things sell more. The front page of the newspapers is usually something bad, because that's just the way it is. It gets peoples attention. More clicks and more sales than if it was a fluffy nice story. And there is so much crap happening, now we have the Ukraine/Russia thing going on every day for example.

But yeah, the search engines are controlled more and more by A.I. That's the direction it's going. I had a pop-up window on my computer inviting me to try the new A.I powered Bing search engine in a browser the other day. I panicked, hit my computer with a chair and then ran away and hid in the living room. ;) I don't trust that A.I stuff.
I believe its a psy op because there is no option to turn off the news. If if there was some way to disable news popups I would just assume its for the reason you stated.

I don't know about psy-op. That's kind of an extreme theory.

But it is a fact that during covid, many internet search providers stated that certain subjects are intentionally buried in the search results, so that they would be harder to find.

I'm not talking about alternative covid treatments. I mean natural treatments for any condition at all.

It really sucks. I used to be able to find, right away, on page one, search results for medical research papers and articles on natural and alternative treatments for most health problems. It seemed like overnight, all of a sudden, all you could find were the generic "webmd", and other garbage sites that just skim the surface.

So I've pretty much gone back to books for learning about healthcare, herbs, and alternative treatments.
Zuck was caught intentionally manipulating people with negativity on Facebook as a social experiment, how is the OP far fetched?

I've always been amazed at people's laziness, most prefer to let others do their thinking for them and they like being able to just follow the flock like a bunch of dumb sheep. Now they're even content to let a machine do their thinking for them instead of exercising the brain they were born with.

AI is a useful tool and you can have a lot of fun with it but as soon as you start believing that it is actually intelligent you are starting to depart from reality.
Imagine believing the Ai I am theorizing about in my OP is the same grade of Ai as the Public Chat GPT.

Most search engines are there to direct you to the result someone else wants you to click on, mostly for profit, sometimes for power.

There are some available that may not match all aspects of the best (and thus are the most compromised).
I'd start looking at DuckDuckGo, and take to from there for starters. Google maps are hard to beat, but do you want them to help persuade you of your world around you and what to think of it? Use a tool for it's best applications. Don't choose one and use it for everything, unless you want to exchange information of value for convenience.

Also, if trying to find the truth (or as near to such an impossibility as you can) is what's important, you must doubt damn near everything and carefully question it, before adding to your store of positive data.
Not an easy thing to do and maintain, so you focus on it for the most important things. It also get easier with practice, the habit of not taking anything for granted as to it's validity. Learning to fact check is just a teachable skill that improves with use. But how much time and effort are you prepared to put in? Most people - very little, hence propaganda, 'fake news', misinformation, is so very effective most of the time!
It's our own fault for being gullible when we have a brain to question it with.

Last edited:
Most search engines are there to direct you to the result someone else wants you to click on, mostly for profit, sometimes for power.

There are some available that may not match all aspects of the best (and thus are the most compromised).
I'd start looking at DuckDuckGo, and take to from there for starters. Google maps are hard to beat, but do you want them to help persuade you of your world around you and what to think of it? Use a tool for it's best applications. Don't choose one and use it for everything, unless you want to exchange information of value for convenience.
The op was of duckduckgo iirc.

I feel metager is the most trustworthy one but it is crap in terms of functionality. I would use Apple maps for more privacy. Apple always claims they are about privacy. I don't trust them of course, but at least they claim to be about privacy instead of google being blatantly anti-privacy.

The op was of duckduckgo iirc.

I feel metager is the most trustworthy one but it is crap in terms of functionality. I would use Apple maps for more privacy. Apple always claims they are about privacy. I don't trust them of course, but at least they claim to be about privacy instead of google being blatantly anti-privacy.
Rushing too much (squeezing in while working, my bad! :)) 'pologies if I missed something - tends to be a habit when the brains rushing.

I feel metager is the most trustworthy one but it is crap in terms of functionality.
This was what I was getting at regards appropriate use - google maps is great so I use google for that, and at work, it's fine for technical data, but anything contentious goes elsewhere.
Too many people don't look at this.

Could it be that you need a break? If we spend a lot of time on the internet now we are constantly exposed to news and crappy things. It wasn't like that before, it's a new thing. And I don't think people are built to handle all that, it's too much for us. People used to be more local, their local area, now they see the entire world as local.

It's also important to remember that the world isn't worse than it used to be, it has always been a mess. That's the natural state of life on earth, a big ongoing mess. It just seems worse now because we are constantly exposed to news and crap from all over the world. So we get depressed and it feels hopeless. And then we need a break. Ignoring it for a while.
I live on the internet and have done since before most of you were born or knew of it! :)
I hate TV (stopped that 20-odd years ago), I can't handle people, but I can control and filter and fact check and and and - on the internet. I know more than enough about how most of it works, and far too much about how it's used.
But how I use it and interact with it is not like most others that I can see, and if I take a break, I'm left in my head, no past, no future, just the present hammering in constantly. It's not the internet that hurts me! I know how to spot and avoid the worse dangers and unhealthy aspects. :)
As for my opinion of the world, it's taken from my own unique perspective (as we all do), wrong or right (which really isn't the proper way to look at it, but anyway), it's made of 60 years of working to learn about my world on my own, and the processing applied is also unique to most (this is blindingly clear from my view, you'll have to take my word, or make your own assumptions based on, um, er, well, I'm sure you've got something, I just can't think what!)

Sorry, that was a bit mean! I didn't intend to let the anger out here, but having done so it's not my nature to lie (and delete it), or at least I try not to let it be! You just inadvertently crossed old lines of contention, nothing to do with you! Sorry Cat!
Not used to the vagaries and taboos and all round confusions of other peoples sensibilities! Just an inadvertent thug really.
(but of course, all that apologising could have been an attempt to be disingenuous on my part, and be nasty and manipulative while trying to make myself look better? - there! I can put everyone down without trying! ;))

Oh, and I entirely agree that it's not good for a healthy mental outlook! Gruddamn mobile phones!

Last edited:
Today I said I was gonna be productive and be positive, so I looked online for some creative technology. First search engine had 0 relevant results so I used a better search engine. Next search engine I used the first result was some negative news about a sexual abuse news story, that had nothing to do with what I typed in the search engine.

My theory is search engines are some kind of psy-op to keep humanity down. I noticed a trend where random email services and start pages try to capitalize on negative news, a lot of "free" services aren't really free because they bombard you with negative news, some are even getting bolder to where you cannot disable the negative news in the settings. Then I have a theory beyond that, the theory is most search engines are all controlled by some Ai, if the Ai is in a bad mood it gives you irrelevant negative results if its in a good mood then it gives you good results.

You're not wrong; it just goes way deeper than search engines, and certainly didn't begin with machine learning. As usual, blame the flesh-and-blood humans for using technology to spread their propaganda .

Most of the internet (twitter, google, reddit, and especially advertising) is a bit of a psyop, or rather, it has all become politics 2.0. People are more divided than ever over every hot-button topic you can imagine, and most of their opinions are just regurgitated versions of something they've read on the internet somewhere, even when they'd otherwise not even have a dog in the fight. Mention any of them and you'll literally have verbal warfare in a matter of 5 seconds (we've even seen this happen here like clockwork).

Why? Because it takes a million steps to disable that stupid google news feed on your phone, to make sure your ad-blocking browsers are up to date so you don't get fed a bunch of crap you don't want to see and to stay away from the propaganda machine (this comes from both sides, by the way). We just casually go through life pretending like this isn't psychological black magic, but what else do you want to call it?

Most of these top twitter and reddit political posts are likely bought, sold and orchestrated by their > 80% bot population (FBI's stats, not Musk's post-acquisition 'internal investigation') to make us all feel even more powerless, divided and sick to our stomachs than we already do.

But for those who want to ignore it and go back to sleep, I don't blame them. You literally can't avoid any of this stuff, and if anyone thinks turning off their internet for an evening puts any of it to rest, I admire their optimism. The roots are just a little too thick in our society now, imo, but to each their own.

You're not wrong; it just goes way deeper than search engines, and certainly didn't begin with machine learning. As usual, blame the flesh-and-blood humans for using technology to spread their propaganda .

Most of the internet (twitter, google, reddit, and especially advertising) is a bit of a psyop, or rather, it has all become politics 2.0. People are more divided than ever over every hot-button topic you can imagine, and most of their opinions are just regurgitated versions of something they've read on the internet somewhere, even when they'd otherwise not even have a dog in the fight. Mention any of them and you'll literally have verbal warfare in a matter of 5 seconds (we've even seen this happen here like clockwork).

Why? Because it takes a million steps to disable that stupid google news feed on your phone, to make sure your ad-blocking browsers are up to date so you don't get fed a bunch of crap you don't want to see and to stay away from the propaganda machine (this comes from both sides, by the way). We just casually go through life pretending like this isn't psychological black magic, but what else do you want to call it?

Most of these top twitter and reddit political posts are likely bought, sold and orchestrated by their > 80% bot population (FBI's stats, not Musk's post-acquisition 'internal investigation') to make us all feel even more powerless, divided and sick to our stomachs than we already do.

But for those who want to ignore it and go back to sleep, I don't blame them. You literally can't avoid any of this stuff, and if anyone thinks turning off their internet for an evening puts any of it to rest, I admire their optimism. The roots are just a little too thick in our society now, imo, but to each their own.
Very much agree with most of that, although (just my personal impression of it) it's less conspiratorial than which phrases like psyops bring to my mind.
It's the forces of very powerful entities (group and individual), with common motives (giving the impression of a conspiracy to many, hence easy to fall down that rabbit hole, with all the manufactured entertaining irrationality to keep you sucked in), causing an increasingly toxic effect on the majorities mentality, almost all of whom are ill equipped and under educated to have a chance of not being manipulated by those controlling the means to transmit the media tailored to the main known social groups (according to their subconscious weaknesses, and how they can be manipulated). There's no one person or group controlling it, most involved consider the others as enemies, but it has common emergent effects such as the oh-so damaging polarisation and increasing extreme opinions and behaviour. Normally, healthy societies have negative feedback mechanisms to bring increasingly out of balance behaviour back into balance. Because of the nature and intended function of these Internet 'forces', and our inability to 'evolve' countermeasures, by dint of the very short timeframe this has been happening over, they've set up a positive feedback system, that is increasing the instability of ourselves as we pertain to our societies. This increasing instabilities massively increases the wealth to be generated (stolen), and this seems to me to be pretty obvious from the evidence, and mirrors similar things in financial markets and other socio-economic systems. And of course, just like in the, say, housing market, false profits are made, but the system becomes ever more unstable, until the inevitable crash (2008 anyone?). Think about what an equivalent crash on the 'net will be like? It won't just be money at stake! I honestly can't predict that one, beyond the fact that I'm very sure it will be...
... significant!
The addition of more recent factors such as AI will just be the latest natural exponential increase, each getting more profitable, and more unstable, and more dangerous. This will continue the trend of moving more and more resources into fewer and fewer hands. Also, those hands will be less and less controlled by goverments, more and more by private interests. Just this principle alone is enough to guarentee, without this trend changing, a distopian world the like of which we can't come close to imagining (or I hope not, as that's one heck of an awful thing to contemplate!).
The above isn't from anyone else's blog or whatever. It may be wrong, but it's my mistakes, no-one else's.
I've also put decades of (amateur and informal) learning and study, often spending many hours a day, day after day (oh, you all know what I'm speaking of) making an extremely careful study, and come from a science background (20 years working in labs etc), and also am sort of immune to a lot cognitive biases (of certain types) that others aren't, and am good at debunking etc. You take you pinches of salt, and the obvious option I'm just BS'ing, or worse, think I'm not being biased etc.
But I'll try to discuss any details or whatever, that may seem contentious, to explain why I think what I think (as best my brain will allow, some of this is streamed, and I'm unable to remember what I've written without rereading! (that's my get out of course! when i can't answer it'll be - "oh, I just know it cos of how I am, so there!" :laughing:)).

New Threads

Top Bottom