• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Screaming Through The Tears of The Innocent

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I've come to a realization.

This planet we live on is not a world where we are meant to find any kind of purpose. It is not a place where somebody is meant to find the meaning of life. No, my poor friends, it is instead, a prison planet, and you are next in line for death row. Only, the Green Mile isn't so much a mile as it is a road we are all marching on.

Your parents, or guardians, if you're less than lucky, like me in the past, will quickly go from being that, to your masters. You will go from being a child to a young slave, grinding away at cleaning the same mess every day, picking up the same garbage, folding the same clothes, and the like, only for it all to come back again the very next day.

Your friends....they're all fake. It doesn't matter who they are. It doesn't matter what they do. In the end, one day you will walk away from them for the last time, and the next time you go looking for them, either they won't remember who you are, or they'll just not be there. And even those that do stick around, they're always the snakes in the grass. People pretending to be friends so they can get what they want from you, only to stab you in the back in the end.

Everything you have and love, it will leave you in the end. Anything you dare to call your own, none of it is permanent. It could be a family photo or an heirloom, anything at all, one day, it will be lost in a fire, mistakenly thrown into a landfill, destroyed either on purpose or accidentally, stolen from you... whatever the case, it won't last.

We are all just... slaves. Cattle. Robots with bones and flesh. Expendable pawns on a chess board the size of a planet. None of this is truly real. These words you see that I have just typed? All an illusion against a plastic mirror your brain is fabricating for you. Those stuffed animals you had as a kid, that you pretended could talk, eat, dance and sing? In reality just pillows with arms, legs and a face.

There is no such thing as happiness, value, optimism. No such thing as a good day, or a bad day. No such thing as Heaven or Hell. No such thing as outer space. No such thing as God.

This is all just a horrible, horrible dream that we cannot wake from. And when we die, there is nothing to look forward to. Not as in, there is nothing to hope for to happen next, "nothing" as in literally NOTHING. When you die and your heart beats for the last time, and your eyes close never to open again, all you are left with is absolute void. There is no "Archangel Michael" waiting to ask you if your name is in the Book of Life. There is no Baron of Hell waiting to show you what your true form is and what you will be punished for. There is just absolute zero on the other side. LIGHTS OUT.

What do you call "purpose"? What do you perceive to be hope, faith? Is it a Gideon Bible, a New King James Bible? Seems like a pretty big deal to make for a floppy, flimsy brick made of paper...

Actually there are such things as happiness, values, and optimism. These thing are real for billions of people every day. I believe there is a God. To think that everything in this world just randomly got put together seems pretty unlikely.

The purpose of this life is to learn. You've got to embrace the struggle!

This planet we live on is not a world where we are meant to find any kind of purpose. It is not a place where somebody is meant to find the meaning of life. No, my poor friends, it is instead, a prison planet, and you are next in line for death row. Only, the Green Mile isn't so much a mile as it is a road we are all marching on.

Your parents, or guardians, if you're less than lucky, like me in the past, will quickly go from being that, to your masters. You will go from being a child to a young slave, grinding away at cleaning the same mess every day, picking up the same garbage, folding the same clothes, and the like, only for it all to come back again the very next day.

Your friends....they're all fake. It doesn't matter who they are. It doesn't matter what they do. In the end, one day you will walk away from them for the last time, and the next time you go looking for them, either they won't remember who you are, or they'll just not be there. And even those that do stick around, they're always the snakes in the grass. People pretending to be friends so they can get what they want from you, only to stab you in the back in the end.

Everything you have and love, it will leave you in the end. Anything you dare to call your own, none of it is permanent. It could be a family photo or an heirloom, anything at all, one day, it will be lost in a fire, mistakenly thrown into a landfill, destroyed either on purpose or accidentally, stolen from you... whatever the case, it won't last.

We are all just... slaves. Cattle. Robots with bones and flesh. Expendable pawns on a chess board the size of a planet. None of this is truly real. These words you see that I have just typed? All an illusion against a plastic mirror your brain is fabricating for you. Those stuffed animals you had as a kid, that you pretended could talk, eat, dance and sing? In reality just pillows with arms, legs and a face.

There is no such thing as happiness, value, optimism. No such thing as a good day, or a bad day. No such thing as Heaven or Hell. No such thing as outer space. No such thing as God.

This is all just a horrible, horrible dream that we cannot wake from. And when we die, there is nothing to look forward to. Not as in, there is nothing to hope for to happen next, "nothing" as in literally NOTHING. When you die and your heart beats for the last time, and your eyes close never to open again, all you are left with is absolute void. There is no "Archangel Michael" waiting to ask you if your name is in the Book of Life. There is no Baron of Hell waiting to show you what your true form is and what you will be punished for. There is just absolute zero on the other side. LIGHTS OUT.

What do you call "purpose"? What do you perceive to be hope, faith? Is it a Gideon Bible, a New King James Bible? Seems like a pretty big deal to make for a floppy, flimsy brick made of paper...
What happened?

So what if metaphysical purpose doesn't exist? Irrelevant.

The "purpose" of life is to live it. Do what you need to survive. Along the way, find some things you enjoy. Relax and laugh at yourself. Be kind and try to understand others even if it is not returned. Life is not about the destination, it is all about how well you handled the trip.

I never saw a purpose either.
No one even knows what we percieve as consciousness actually is.
A hologram? An illusion? The universe experiencing itself? A mass of molecules vibrating on
different levels?
No one can really prove anything.

I love it when someone expresses deep thoughts that have no answer.
And yet here we are. Or so it seems.
What will death bring? Theories, philosophy all.

I don't believe in a God(s) or an afterlife either. Whatever you were before you were born, you will become again. I don't believe in a 'grand design', or there has to be any particular purpose in life beyond producing and caring for the next generation. I didn't ask to be born, but I was, and since I'm here it's up to me to try to make the best of it while it lasts. We have no control over our ultimate fate: we are the sum of our memories, our sensations and emotions, and these are things that we can control, so try to make these positive and meaningful to you and those close to you, because in the end that is all that matters.

Last edited:
I think many successful people and happy people would disagree. They have found meaning.

Some people are still looking for it. Some have given up. Some have lost it only to regain different meaning.

Friends to autistic people are hard to maintain. I am the kind who just keeps contact with 1 at a time, as they say, having a harpoon for friends instead of a fishnet that NTs have. Friends for me are high maintenance and need to be very interested for me to continue contact. Friends who stick around or I stick with for longer than a few years are inexistent. I only have 1 friend currently and I don't communicate much lately with him. I feel alone when I struggle. So hurt and alone. And so angry and helpless. So they say, that there are no friends who will not hurt you, you just gotta choose the ones worth fighting for, that's if they stay.

Everyone's my master at one point or the other, especially mom, they can intimidate me and I do have weaknesses. Besides she's a spawn from the metaphorical hell so I can forgive my weaknesses easier.

Last edited:
My question is if it's a horrible dream why are you in it and why am I in your dream? Why are rich happy people in it? And why do you talk to me and share feelings that i have? No dream can be so logical and constant unless it's a product by another human.

I also think logic and universal laws don't require the existence of a creator. There' s nothing wrong with not having a god to take care of us. it's the hard truth but seems the most accurate. Besides there are many things that can replace the meaning of god in the world. The importance of people, helping, of growing as a social construct. The beauty of nature and its exchange for us.

People have invented gods way before the God that's most widespread now. This one has remained and prevailed because its invention has discarded multiple gods, or idols, making it a sin.

There's nothing wrong with dying, we are slightly more evolved animals. We haven't yet found a way to live forever. We are captives of our limited bodies and mind instincts and patterns, in an imperfect society hidden in households with other people, some bad, some good.

We come, put in a lot of work, even to maintain ourselves, and some of it for each other and future generations. I think just self preservation is very hard, especially for autistic people. And then thoughts and confusion, finding the best logic that we can live by? That's even harder to find and may change along the way.

When looking for meaning, for whatever conclusion you reach about the world you should continue to find positives and ways to better or potentially fix the problems, and things that make you feel good/meaningful long-term.

Last edited:

You're faced with a hard dilemma now @UberScout your going to have choose one or another; you know which choice I would recommend but the choice is totally your's, it's your life and I have know idea what's happening in it.

You must choose either to bear the pain of this world for the sake of meaning and purpose, or reject purpose in your life and drown in the meaningless of it all.

Your post here claims that you have made your decision, yet at the same time your post seems to imply that you want to reject that decision. (Again I don't know what's happening in your life and I'm not saying that that's what you're actually implying here, but it does seem like a possibility to me.) Again, I won't recommend which choice you make, but because of what I've just speculated here, and because I want testify my position and give you as much information as possible for you to consider, I want to say the following here. In a previous post, I believe you mentioned that you live in North Carolina, I like in British Columbia, Canada, on the other side of the continent, how are we communicating? The Internet, how does the internet work? Through various scientific laws, there are laws to this universe, we know that these laws are always in a effect and can never be abrogated, we trust that gravity will be working every second of everyday without fail; in everything we do we trust that the laws of this world will always be the same. How is it that there can be laws and meaning in everything in this world except ourselves? How can we interact peacefully on this site when there are no laws in our nature? (Is it all just the iron-fist of the mods?) If there is no purpose in our life, despite being purpose and meaning in anything else, how is it that so many of us our bothered by this contradiction? (And again, you, yourself seem to suggest that you're bothered by it in this post, you may not be, you could have typed this all very calmly; but that's the vibe I'm getting from this post.)

Others have suggested Books of the Bible, I agree with that, but I myself want to recommend, not a book of the Bible, nor any book recommended by a Saint, but a work written by, of all people, Friedrich Nietzsche; it's called The Parable of a Madman, (and frankly, the titular character's behaviour is how I would react if someone were to give me undeniable proof that God does not exist.) read it as you consider your choice.

Again the choice is your's only you can make it, no one else can; even if you don't believe in free will.

Disagree. I don’t put my faith in other people or organized religion though.:)

Nobody has a clue. Some of us come up with elaborate religious systems that they force others to follow. Most of the followers follow whatever they happened to be born into. Arrogance is how zealots are made.

Like it or not, we are all barefoot children in the rain. Might as well enjoy it.

In case you ever come back. I'll try to say it right.
I am a believer in a God that I know loves each and everyone of his creations. Mankind was once an idea a dream. As was reality itself. All we see now. That we feel, touch, taste, hear, it was all a dream. His dream. That he loved so much he made it real. Over six incredible days. Not one detail out of place. He created Adam and then Eve. He gave them free will. Just as he did the angels. Otherwise there would be no evil. Neither the concept or the idea. And no I don't know why he gave them free will. But I know he did. Just as he did with us. Otherwise Adam and Eve would never have disobeyed him. Never have listened to Satan who wouldn't exist without freewill. None of existed before he created us. We were ideas his ideas. That he loves and cherishs dearly. Then, now, and into the future after death. And death itself will be destroyed one day by his own hand. It will cease to exist as a word and a concept. Obliterated forever. He does this out of love. Love for us. No one considers how much it hurts him to send one of us to Hell. And yes people do choose to go to Hell. Read up on Revelations. Even at the true end of the world he still tries to save them. They refuse. God does love you and there is purpose for us all to be here. That includes me and you and everyone else on this site.

You sound like you’ve been reading Camus’s The Myth of Sisyphus. Or perhaps Ligotti’s The Conspiracy Against the Human Race. I love the nihilist philosophers.

Actually, @UberScout's rant sounds something like Buddhism. To Buddha, desire for the material things of this world was the root of evil, since those things would eventually cease to exist and chasing them caused people to sin, and even worse the sins were for naught since in the end they were chasing phantoms. Total repudiation of desire brings salvation, since without the anchor of material goods one becomes truly free. The purpose of reincarnation is to work through the sins of greed and desire, and when one finally discards them one becomes enlightened and ceases to be stuck in the cycle of death and birth.

I own a pictorial book of the graveyards of Nevada, and the author/photographer traveled to some very remote areas of the desert, and the only thing left of a lot of the former towns she visited was the graveyards. All that the rich mine owners, and the poor miners, accumulated during their lives had long since melted back into the desert, and all that was left was ornate, but very worn, tombstones. The only indication that those people had ever lived was marble or granite rocks with their names carved on them. Humans spend their lives "making it", but in the end it all returns to dust, and their existence is reduced to a rock among weeds in a never visited land.

I never saw a purpose either.
No one even knows what we percieve as consciousness actually is.
A hologram? An illusion? The universe experiencing itself? A mass of molecules vibrating on
different levels?
No one can really prove anything.

I love it when someone expresses deep thoughts that have no answer.
And yet here we are. Or so it seems.
What will death bring? Theories, philosophy all.

That is one of my all time favorite songs.

New Threads

Top Bottom