• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Screaming love

SASTrooper

Hi I want to tell someone that I love them and want to do it right, without coming off like a creep as such, as they don't know anything about me and yet I want to express my love to them. There in another contrary and there an actress and I know that it like asking to be a god. But I see past the glamer and see a person that i want to know and find out more about one another.

Any help ? as I'm screaming to tell them and want to do it right, please don't judge :(

It sounds like infatuation. Love is something else, and requires interaction between two as a couple. If you say anything like that to a stranger they will think you an overzealous fan, or inexperienced, or perhaps creepy. If they are someone you know you will never really get to know, don't dwell on it. Write it off as a celebrity crush and focus on things/relationships that are possible.

So you saying I'm nuts and need my head examined ? I'm not trying to come off like a creep just want show my aspersion to them as person and see where it take me. we all human granted there like got a job the popular but life should be cataloged like the cast system.

He's not saying you're nuts and need your head examined. He says that you should seriously think about whether this is a celebrity crush or not. He is right though, telling this person you love them while they don't know you is only going to cause negative reactions. I don't know if you two are in the same social circle or whatnot, but getting to know -each other- is probably the first step. Not any confessions, start with a cup of coffee. If they're really that far out of your reach that even this isn't possible, just write it off. It's not going to happen.

Well this the thing, there in the usa and I'm in the uk and will look to the them a sensible letter, to get to know one another, if I was where she is I would do the coffee route. I really don't want to write it off.

I am not having a problem.
Just wondered if it was the same person
in whom you were interested, back in the
spring.

ok, sorry I just want to be happy and a last feel happy as it where and she make feel happy :), did have a qwestion ?

Everyone has had infatuations. It is not crazy. Only with experience do we learn to distinguish them from a deeper kind of love, because infatuations can be very intense and overwhelming. But they are based on an idea of the person rather than the person themselves, so it is not true to call it love. Even biologically, we know that the chemical response to early infatuation causes us to 'overlook flaws' and focus on an ideal. But no person is actually an ideal, and if you do not actually know a person, you cannot get beyond that.

Most people pass through an infatuation stage in at most 2-3 years. I am not sure if aspies are most people. As a child, I had quite long-lasting infatuations. Perhaps they were more accurately called obsessions. But they were definitely not love. It took me many years to get close to people and learn what love was.

I don't mean to be a downer, I just wanted to clarify what Tom and Peeta were saying, i.e. it is NOT crazy and totally normal, and you are not alone, but do be careful about using the word love to describe it.

If you had a chance to actually meet and get to know this person, I might try to give you some advice on how to do that. But I don't see how that is possible for you, so it might be best to try to distract yourself with another interest for awhile. It sucks, but such is life...

That what pains me the fact that Damded if don't sort of thing, I will look to write a letter a normal on and will look to work in her field as it where.

That what pains me the fact that Damded if don't sort of thing, I will look to write a letter a normal on and will look to work in her field as it where.

Do you have an interest in acting or that field? If not, do not change your life for someone else. The only way to be loved in return is to be appreciated for who YOU are and what YOU are interested in and do well at. No one wants to be loved by someone whose only interest is in them--that is obsession, not love, and they will sense it.

A lot of people quote Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." There is a calmness to it, a respect for one another's selves and boundaries, but a trust that you can accompany one another on the journey.

Some what as I want to, but it like her being an actress is like you got be the same as it where and that like say is because I'm human being ?

New Threads

Top Bottom