• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Scopophobia (Scoptophobia)

Lol, I find myself wishing more for an apology on account of the very top of that article practically assaulting anyone who has that problem or something similar :eek:

I've read the top parts of the article a few times over and I don't see what you are talking about. :confused:

Im really sorry but I don't have any other information than what you can find on the internet. Can you find a licensed professional to consult in your area for more indepth information and possible help?
hmm..but how to do this? Where can i find someone like this, and how much will i have to pay

p.s. and i will wrote something more. To all you guys. I dont think you have something like scopophobia, and i dont think you can really realize what it really means. No ofence, but reading some internet definitions, you can diagnose yourself with almost everything.

Last edited:
Just a thought, but, based on the description you've provided, some of the effects of this condition, seem reminiscent of pathological demand avoidance (despite being completely different and exclusive of one another).

hmm..but how to do this? Where can i find someone like this, and how much will i have to pay

p.s. and i will wrote something more. To all you guys. I dont think you have something like scopophobia, and i dont think you can really realize what it really means. No ofence, but reading some internet definitions, you can diagnose yourself with almost everything.

I can't answer this because it depends on many factors like what country you live in and what is available there. Most will be diagnosed with a social phobia rather than something specific from what I've read and heard. Pay scale differs from area to area even within a country. In the United States you could look up information online for local help and call for information about each place and set an appointment with the one you want or can go to but the wait lists are sometimes long.

For your something more, just like no one can diagnose you or an internet article neither can you say what real struggles someone else has based on the little information they have posted in this forum. There are many people that are on this forum that have self diagnosed as Aspie and went on to obtain an official diagnosis, based off what they identified with online and through other's stories here and elsewhere. Self diagnosing is controversial like many things but has a proven merit. It all depends on how a person goes about it. Are they truly looking for answers or just trying to put labels on themselves for others to see?

Just a thought, but, based on the description you've provided, some of the effects of this condition, seem reminiscent of pathological demand avoidance (despite being completely different and exclusive of one another).

I've never heard of this before, thank you for the information. (I read a few articles relating to this.) I think it's always possible that some could actually be experiencing this instead. For me it's just being looked at in general and has nothing to do with PDA but again, always interested to learn new things. :D

I've never heard of this before, thank you for the information. (I read a few articles relating to this.) I think it's always possible that some could actually be experiencing this instead. For me it's just being looked at in general and has nothing to do with PDA but again, always interested to learn new things. :D

Indeed! And, you're welcome! Thank you, as well, for your informative post. : ))

I've never liked being looked at, stared at, pictures of me. Even walking past a store window or mirrors unnerves me. It's a wee bit better with age. I wouldn't call it a phobia, just a very deep uncomfortable feeling.

Interesting and the first time I've actually heard of this. I can check off just about all of those except hyperventilation. In fact it's the opposite with me, I'll catch myself holding my breath many times instead...which brings the fear that one of these days I'm going to turn blue, pass out somewhere, and draw a crowd. :p

I always joked that if they somehow started handing out super powers I would be one of the first in line for invisibility.

New Threads

Top Bottom