• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

School Hatred: Kids my age who CANT FLIPPING READ.

Probably because it could cause high amounts of unnecessary stress and lead to high suicide rates like what we see in some Asian countries.

It does? "Some Asian countries" - Which Asian countries? Can you give me a little more here? You know, like your sources?

People aren't perfect and we are not machines who always make rational decisions. Why do you care that not everyone is living to their fullest potential every day? Let people live their own lives. In my opinion, people should be taught coping methods before anything else. We have to learn how to work with our imperfect selves instead of worrying about not doing everything right.

This is a strawman. I never said we should be perfect. I also didn't say we should work like machines.

I said I was not "gifted".

I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't feel like having it all drawn out but since other people are doing it anyway.. I'm still not going to argue about anything, I was just confused about this. I can't find anywhere where you said you're not gifted. Can you quote the sentence that says anything like that?

I get the OP's sentiment, I went into home school after 1st grade because they failed to teach me to read.
My mom home schooled me for 3 years in order to teach me how to read.
I came back to public school in the USA in 3rd grade, one year behind and in a "Resource" class to help me read better It didn't.
Once I learned to read I started the lord of the Rings Trilogy - Because my dad read it and I wanted to read it too.
I finished the lord of the rings in 5th grade and by the end of 7th I was reading at a college grade reading (16th grade)
I was bored in all of my English classes - I read ahead in group reading exercises - thought the stories boring and mostly propoganda.
I have little respect for the public school system.
I learned more history from Metal bands than I did from High school.
I learned more science from Wikipedia about science in everything but biology (probably because I wasn't interested) than than High school
The ONLY class in College I cared about was Economic History, EVERYTHING else was fluff.

The most valuable things I learned in High School where Electronics, Electronic Communications, Welding
and Applied Math All but the math where electives
Applied Math was an alternate math class that focused on translating real life into math, The most valuable class in high school I took - allowing me to understand so much more around me.

Military Schools taught me mechanics, critical thinking, procedure, methodology, Composure, Pride, Discipline and social graces.

Public schools are a shadow of what they should be.

New Threads

Top Bottom