• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

School Hatred: Kids my age who CANT FLIPPING READ.

In that case, perhaps you needed to tone down your post, and avoid words such as "morons" or "braindead" with negative/judgemental connotations, because it comes across as judgemental and ridiculing - focus on what you really mean to say, that you were put in a class that was not suitable for your needs and you are, justly so, not satisfied with your education. It's not their fault and nobody chooses to have learning difficulties. It was unfortunate and frustrating for you, but no need to be so hard on them.

Perhaps I forgot to mention that I was the *only* person in my class that was autistic (or, according to some of my rivals, "artistically".) Everyone else had some case of OCD or mild ADHD. I know this because at least 98% would say they did when questioned on their habits, while I'm actually sitting there, Adderall electrifying my blood, patiently awaiting instruction. It wasn't hard to guess that not everyone (practically no one at all) had a case similar to me. Not that I really cared because I hated that bloated chicken coop of dissonance they had the guts to call a school.

@UberScout
What are you trying to say?

That you were angry then and remain angry now
that the other kids weren't more like you?

Because it doesn't look as if you're saying that you
regret not being more like them.

Let me ask this, what if the school environment was different like a better foundation and structure than the one your describing but you have the same group of kids in that scenario who still struggle to read or pronounce words for five minutes or however long. Would you still ridicule them then? I believe that It doesn’t matter how well the education may be good or bad, some students may struggle not from being taught by someone or the system itself but how much that is being processed at once menatily and if he or she can process the info at all, It doesn’t matter how different the environment may be. There are some who just cannot understand much of the material being taught at all knowing there are some are that slower than others or don’t have that capability of absorbing that information.

I guess he's just venting. I was mad at my schools for a long time. It might help to preface it with the fact that you're venting, but I never did that so whatever! Go for it! Rawr!!

Well, I feel outraged right now.
You know there is an actual problem when stories like those here are considered "normal".
I've had so many experiences and problems with that, systematically forcing students to be held back and fail for no reason. I barely can handle listening to my previous school lying about inclusion and individuality.

anyone here the one about throwing stones in glass houses...

if you feel it is justified to look down upon people,
then you must also be willing to accept it when people ook down at you because of your faults

and we all have our own shortcomings, autisme related or not

What I'm NOT okay with? Its the fact that by fifth grade onwards, every single kid in my classes COULDNT READ TO SAVE A DYING HORSE. And keep in mind this was upwards from fifth grade! About 10 students in each class matched my age or was a few years older, and when they had to read something aloud, they'd spend anywhere to five minutes (I SWEAR THAT ISN'T A JOKE) trying to pronounce a word four letters long.

But I'll bet they know everything there is to know about safe-spaces, how we now have 72 genders, and that someone is "a bad man" (because, reasons).

Ten year olds. Twelve year olds. Even those dwarfing my age by six years more were absolutely braindead trying to figure out a single page of a textbook. Meanwhile, I'm sitting there reading everything like a dern text-to-speech module from a computer, railing so fast the teach has to tell me to stop and let everyone catch up. In fact every school I went to, that tested me and confirmed I was Gifted, said that my reading level surpasses that of MIT college graduates! Need I remind you this is being told to a TWELVE YEAR OLD at the time I.e. me?!

You're not gifted. I could read and write even before I ever started school, when I was four. Yes, I think people - most of them, anyway - have indeed become "brain-dead". Hence all those "reality shows" and other mindless, narcissistic drivel.

And yet all the morons around me have to stare at words like "apple" until they realize "oh yeah, this is a book". Did anyone else have this problem or was I the only one that didn't want to spend four semesters a year stiffening my finger on latex paper because somebody got stuck on the word "chair"?

I understand your frustration. Most people are just plain stupid, I agree.

anyone here the one about throwing stones in glass houses...

if you feel it is justified to look down upon people,
then you must also be willing to accept it when people ook down at you because of your faults

and we all have our own shortcomings, autisme related or not

I don't think he was "looking down" on anyone, just expressing frustration with people, given their age (around 11, 12 years), should be able to read!! Dammit, in my opinion we should "look down" on people who are unwilling to push themselves, who are unwilling to accept responsibility for their own progress through school. We've become far too accepting of character and personality flaws, shrugging our shoulders and saying, "Oh well, nothing can be done, he's X, and those people should be accepted as they are, because we are all individuals, even if it means perpetual failure in that person's future if they remain untreated".

But I'll bet they know everything there is to know about safe-spaces, how we now have 72 genders, and that someone is "a bad man" (because, reasons).

You're not gifted. I could read and write even before I ever started school, when I was four. Yes, I think people - most of them, anyway - have indeed become "brain-dead". Hence all those "reality shows" and other mindless, narcissistic drivel.

I understand your frustration. Most people are just plain stupid, I agree.

For the second paragraph (sorry for not bothering to quote each part individually), are you implying that you're gifted? And using your logic, if we found someone who could read and write before the age you did, that would mean you're not gifted. You're using your existence as a person who learned quicker than the one you claim is not gifted as your reason for him not being gifted.

Unless the first and second statements are not actually related. But the way I'm reading it, you're confused about the concept of a spectrum, which is ironic, considering where we are.

I don't think he was "looking down" on anyone, just expressing frustration with people, given their age (around 11, 12 years), should be able to read!! Dammit, in my opinion we should "look down" on people who are unwilling to push themselves, who are unwilling to accept responsibility for their own progress through school. We've become far too accepting of character and personality flaws, shrugging our shoulders and saying, "Oh well, nothing can be done, he's X, and those people should be accepted as they are, because we are all individuals, even if it means perpetual failure in that person's future if they remain untreated".

So it's your opinion that all the billions of people in the world should push themselves to the fullest of their potential and be punished if they don't? Everybody should excel? That sounds like a good thing to you?

Here you say, "we've become far too accepting of character and personality flaws," but the post above you refers to television as narcissistic drivel, with the apparent implication that narcissism is a bad thing. This post seems to support narcissism, as far as I can tell. Unacceptance of character and personality flaws (which are part of being a person) sounds like a symptom of Narcissism to me.

Last edited:
If these kids have learning disabilities or other issues present then that's not really a fair assessment. Quite judgmental in fact, but that's part of being human isn't it?

No matter, you'll smooth out eventually if it hasn't already happened. Hopefully. After all, you're not without faults either.

I don't remember every post here and won't read it again.

I think UberScout is ranting much more about the fact that he was with totally incompotent people, forced to follow with them during class, on a mandatory waste of time taking up most of the day.

I don't remember every post here and won't read it again.

I think UberScout is ranting much more about the fact that he was with totally incompotent people, forced to follow with them during class, on a mandatory waste of time taking up most of the day.

Yet he says it was a class for exceptional children. Exceptional in what way? High IQ? Severe learning disabilities? Severe social/communication issues? Mental illnesses? Physical impairments?

If he had just said he was frustrated in school because he thought he was able to read aloud better than the other students and was placed in the wrong class, then I could better understand his ranting. The other students were unlikely to be "totally incompetent people". I've had many ASD students who can read perfectly, correctly pronounce all the words, and even spell all the words but who do not have a clue about what they just "perfectly" read. They lack reading comprehension. NTs and ASD students both can have that problem.

Hopefully no one has been saying anything with any negative attention that would imply something like a war. I wasn't! But with the first post and now that, a pattern is emerging! You're a dramatic fella!

For the second paragraph (sorry for not bothering to quote each part individually), are you implying that you're gifted? And using your logic, if we found someone who could read and write before the age you did, that would mean you're not gifted. You're using your existence as a person who learned quicker than the one you claim is not gifted as your reason for him not being gifted.

I said I was not "gifted". Being able to read and write at the age of four was not at all unusual back then. It was expected. There were many, many people at the school I went to who were actually far more intelligent than I was, and I often wonder what happened to them, because they do not seem to be in charge of the crazy world we live in now, that's for sure.

Unless the first and second statements are not actually related. But the way I'm reading it, you're confused about the concept of a spectrum, which is ironic, considering where we are.

I don't accept the "spectrum". It's nonsense.

So it's your opinion that all the billions of people in the world should push themselves to the fullest of their potential and be punished if they don't? Everybody should excel? That sounds like a good thing to you?

YES!!!!!! Of course it's a good idea! How could it not be?

Here you say, "we've become far too accepting of character and personality flaws," but the post above you refers to television as narcissistic drivel, with the apparent implication that narcissism is a bad thing. This post seems to support narcissism, as far as I can tell. Unacceptance of character and personality flaws (which are part of being a person) sounds like a symptom of Narcissism to me.

Yes, narcissism is a bad thing. Of course it is. That's obvious, isn't it? The inability to accept character flaws is the very opposite of narcissism. People who are narcissistic believe themselves to be perfect as they are, and see no need for self-improvement.

YES!!!!!! Of course it's a good idea! How could it not be?

Probably because it could cause high amounts of unnecessary stress and lead to high suicide rates like what we see in some Asian countries. People aren't perfect and we are not machines who always make rational decisions. Why do you care that not everyone is living to their fullest potential every day? Let people live their own lives. In my opinion, people should be taught coping methods before anything else. We have to learn how to work with our imperfect selves instead of worrying about not doing everything right.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom