• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Scared I'm About To Be Sacked

Here's a video I made a few weeks back

Ed
Got it, thanks.
I can see how that might be distracting for staff, if they can see it from their office window. Perhaps find a quiet area during lunch break where no one can see you?

Last edited:
Found a new spot which is a 2 min walk away. Yellow arrow was old spot.

This new one has a bit more space and is behind the work car park. Not visible and next to a small footpath

Screenshot_20200630_103715.jpg

Ed

Hey Ed,

I feel for you. My boss told me I'll be let go at the end of my current contract. They're more than happy with my performance so far, but they just don't see me as a long time employee because I'm a bit of an outlier. They don't want to invest more time and money into me because I don't really fit into the mold. It's frustrating and depressing. Still, I'm hoping that the end of your current contract will help propel you into something more suitable for you. Best wishes!

For me it's a full time contract. I had to take on a new customer contract this week which has doubled my work. This is because one person on our team has been off for 7 months due to fibromyalgia.

I think my job is safe, unless big mistakes keep happening. My supervisor says he's very happy with my work asides from the mistakes.

I get it about being an outlier. People don't really get me, and vice versa. There's nobody I've met in the office with something different/weird about them. All the conversations and jokes are quite vanilla and hobbies and interests etc hold no interest for me.

I hope you find a job you enjoy. I'm going to save up for my future. Get to a position with savings where I can find a part time job and invest more time in my art. I reckon 2 years max in my current job before I can feasibly switch to a part time job. I don't think I'd resent a job as much if I had more free time to do what I want.

Ed

Staffing in a downpour of rain. I really enjoy that.

Tbh firestaffing in a rainstorm is wonderful. The contrast of elements - fire and water.

People make silly comments when they see me come back indoors soaked. They assume I must be unhappy. Quite the opposite.

Ed

Whilst my work has doubled, being able to use my headphones and avoid distractions has meant I'm working at my peak. I'm smashing through all my work. I'm busier than a 1 arm bricklayer in Baghdad.

Not only that, but within the week I've got this customer account more up to date than it ever has been.

Same with the customer accounts I already looked after. Also, exercising daily seems to be helping with mood. So I'm thankful for that.

Next will be trying to improve my diet. I'm no stranger to past attempts and many hours research. I just need to keep at it until its another new routine that sticks.

Ed

This pandemic is forcing businesses to take extreme measures. Without saying it, they are making work harder so that they can have a good excuse to fire someone off. They might still give you a good recommendation, but they just want to save money. So, they are creating situations to overwork people. :( Either that, or in some cases, the business would just close completely otherwise.

Well I've inherited the customers from someone on our team who has been signed off sick for 7 months of the 12 he has worked for the company.

Hardly seems fair, but it is what it is.

Ed

Well I've inherited the customers from someone on our team who has been signed off sick for 7 months of the 12 he has worked for the company.

Hardly seems fair, but it is what it is.

Ed

Hey, it means you're valuable. So, you're more likely to keep your job. This person who has been sick can only get so much sick time. At this point, maybe they are sick, but not being paid for being sick because it's been so long. A lot of companies are not going to be hiring or minimizing hiring because they can right now. If you're in an essential business, this is probably not quite the case at all.

Losing a job that stresses you out might not be the worst thing. But I was lucky in many ways so I will just give you my experience.

I have made a huge mistake at my last job that could have had a real impact on other peoples lives, even put them in danger. That shook me up really hard and showed just how burned out I was from too many meaningles tasks. I just cant find motivation to do something that is not contributing to my personal growth in the field, and if I dont see how my work contributes to growth of my division or company brand.
I started to get pancic attacks at work, could not think straight for one minute, and developed a stress rash. I was being trained for big promotion at that company, but decided to leave, because I could not phisically stand to be there anymore.

I have taken similar role in another company where I have much, much less to do, but this work is even less intelectualy stimulating then previous. Also, I don't fit in in the team. People are openly jealous, passive agressive and really uninteresting (boring). Whereas at my last job it was the only time in my life I felt I really fit in. Nevertheless, I do not regret my decision because it led me to realization about my autism and my mental health is getting better every day since I left.
I do not wish to stay in this position or do this job anymore, but this COVID situation has made me feel grateful I have steady income and more/less safe position. Also, I started planing for starting my own bussines because I do not want to create value for corporations on expense of my health and sanity. Now I know what I am capable of, and want to use that for me and my family.

For past three-four years I have been so stressed out that I felt like an open wound of a human. Feeling all the worst, and reacting from that place. Now I want to move thoward better place for myself because I realize that not being myself, and doing something that is not aligned with my personal values is not worth the money, social status or any kind of benefit I could get.

If you are having tough time going throug burnout at your workplace, maybe this article will help you. I wrote it before I was aware of my autism, and now know that masking was one of the reasons I could not snap out of it for such a long time.

How to cope with burnout while you are in the middle of it and can’t take time off work

New Threads

Top Bottom