• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sam Vaknin's view on Autism Spectrum

As much as I have read about Mr Vaknin, I have not read about the severe childhood trauma that he endured. Maybe I just didn't come across it. Do you have a link to a page which describes the trauma he suffered?

I have reason to believe my late Dad was on the Dark Spectrum, he ticks a lot of the boxes in the DSM for Dark triad, he had major trauma.

I haven't found the video where he talks in detail about his childhood trauma, but I remember that he said that his mom used to threaten to kill him frequently. I found this video, though.

I haven't found the video where he talks in detail about his childhood trauma, but I remember that he said that his mom used to threaten to kill him frequently. I found this video, though.
I listened to that for over 2 mins and had to stop, totally self centred. I now do believe he is a narcissist after watching the video where he was tested for psychopathy as all psychopaths are narcissists as well.

@Gift2humanity Interesting theead; sometimes I have to hear a new bit of information in several ways to really get it.

@Sabrina Thanks for posting this video. Enlightening for me, especially in light of my recent experiences.
Yeah me too, I wondered how a so-called narcissist would want to educate people on narcissism, when real narcs want to keep us in ignorance and make us think its our fault.

It was when he got tested for psychopathy that proved me wrong, all psychos are narcs, so he must be.

It was when he got tested for psychopathy that proved me wrong, all psychos are narcs, so he must be.
I need (to straighten out some current issues) to read up on this narcissism diagnosis. I guess wiki is a good place to start. If anyone knows of a book or accurate website, please let me know.

I've watched a small handful of that Vaknin and there's something very off about him. He appears to be a professor but talks like a contemptuous troll. He's not a serious academic at all is he, but he does have a certain charisma. (Or superficial charm?!! ;) ) He does occassionally say some interesting things, in a hyperbolic, and unusually brutal delivery. He takes a very unsettling pleasure in dehumanising people. I always feel a great deal of shame after watching a video, like I need a shower. Damn my impulsive curiosity!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom