• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Retro NES

Let's see...

-The real thing the system is called is a Retro Entertainment Center. By Retro-Bit.
-I'll ask Mom if she knew the quality of the cartridge..

If you have a Windows PC, just download a NES emulator and a load of ROMs, (Google is your friend to find stuff), I know it's not strictly legal but at least you can get most games.

I used to relish having a computer dedicated to Windows 3.1 with a number of games from the late 80s and early 90s. Every year at some point I used to drag it out of the closet and turn it on.

For about five minutes. After that I'd always get terribly bored and frustrated with software that was so visually primitive. So much for 320 x 320 resolution. Eventually I gutted the system and tossed it.

Yeah I still maintain a legacy computer (Windows XP) with games from earlier eras, but only those that weren't so primitive. (640 x 480 and higher resolution)

Simple point: Retro software nostalgia has its limits. ;)

Instead of buying an Atari system now, I prefer to just remember all the fun my brother and I had playing those games connected to the tv set in the late 70s. Before we had any understanding of graphics resolution and all the technology that would eventually come down the pike.

Last edited:
Nope, it's basically a Linux machine running roms through emulation.

In most cases though, the ROM files are illegal, unless you own the original media, and even then I think you have to delete them after 24 hours, but of course nobody ever does.

New Threads

Top Bottom