• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Resident Evil IX

Lemon Zing

Some new leak or rumour I seen on Biohaze suggests the release date is the 24th of October, next year.

I honestly hope Capcom cans it with the nonsense storylines they've been doing for a while now, such as putting in vampire women and a robot man with a magnetic ability. And hiding Ethan's face was pretty pointless as well.

Who misses the zombies?

I miss the isometric angles and beautiful static backgrounds, the atmosphere and the bad dialogue 😁. Now it's over the top goryness. Everything has a sell by date I guess. People seem to still like it though.

But I haven't played the tank controls since my childhood and it could be worse than I remember.

I also miss the good old zombies, static pre-rendered backgrounds and old atmosphere. I still play the old classics from time to time, the PC versions with mods.

I even enjoyed Resident Evil Gaiden on Game Boy and the light gun games on PS1 and PS2, but I'll get in trouble with the fanbase for saying things like that!

Some new leak or rumour I seen on Biohaze suggests the release date is the 24th of October, next year.

I honestly hope Capcom cans it with the nonsense storylines they've been doing for a while now, such as putting in vampire women and a robot man with a magnetic ability. And hiding Ethan's face was pretty pointless as well.

Who misses the zombies?

Honestly they've been over the top for a long time before that though. Remember Wesker? Or how about that boulder scene? I mean really, superpowered villains are one thing, but HULK SMASH THE BOULDER was not the series' finest moment.

And let's be real here: the only reason the series started out so tame was that at the time, it really was the only option. 3D games at that time were awkward, but it was REALLY awkward on the original Playstation, which had no analog sticks. They absolutely couldnt go with high octane action and over the top boss fights. I mean really it was "playing Doom with the arrow keys" levels of awkward during that era (and not just for that game). It was hard to even control, but the novelty value pushed it forward and allowed the series to get going.

Besides, this IS Capcom. They've been big on things like giant crazy boss fights since their earliest games, and it's part of what they're known for. I mean heck they've got a very long running series that is pretty much JUST huge bosses (Monster Hunter).

Though, it's not just that. Mainstream gaming kinda expects the high action stuff. A more tame, slower-paced horror game? Far riskier to investors, so it's going to be pretty rare. Not impossible, but... very unlikely. You want something like that... you're going to have to go elsewhere.

I feel like the genre has picked up over the years. But a lot of horror games have had an emphasis on shooting, or they included co-op. And that to me can spoil the atmospheric vibes players could feel from being by themselves.

Resident Evil: Outbreak was one rare example of a tough, balls to the wall multiplayer horror game. You always felt overwhelmed. And there was a virus meter that was an issue too, so the pressure to get through a scenario was always high.

New Threads

Top Bottom