• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Removal of the "Self-Diagnosed" option from diagnosis status

Here's a thought. How about renaming the option in question 'suspected ASD'?

Say you can't afford the diagnosis but someone who once bullied you can, and you somehow prove they once bullied you. Get them to pay for the diagnosis as compensation.

Great option for all those who prefer to be pitiful victims, and trade responsibility and self determination for the pablum of entitlement. For me, nah.

Myrtonos, in what way does this negatively affect you? In what way does this negatively affect anyone? Whereas the people who have posted disagreeing with you have given good reason why the status quo is a good thing you have yet to substantiate your position with anything meaningful.
I'm not quite sure what this means, but what about 'suspected ASD' instead of Self-Diagnosed?
As for your suggestion that people seek former bullies so that they can bully the former bullies into paying for a diagnosis, this is an obvious clutching at straws. This tells me that you KNOW you have nothing meaningful to say, or you would have said it instead of making such a ridiculous statement.
But surely getting them to pay compensation doesn't count as bullying. The practice of paying compensation is real.
Great option for all those who prefer to be pitiful victims, and trade responsibility and self-determination for the pablum of entitlement. For me, nah.
What is a great option? You included two consecutive paragraphs in your quote. You should quote paragraph-by-paragraph, it's a lot clearer.

New Threads

Top Bottom