• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Relief, Grief & Belief - feelings after diagnosis. New Autistamatic video

What was your first reaction after being diagnosed on the spectrum?

• Relief

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Grief

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Belief (in yourself)

• I am considering or waiting for formal diagnosis

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I am not formally diagnosed and do not intend to be

• Other

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Thanks. I've obviously dealt with this forever, but somehow it all seems suddenly new at the same time. Is that the dang "change" thing kicking in? ;)
I appreciate your reply.

@Vince I'm not much younger than yourself and I realise how different my experience would be if I found out now, rather than years ago as I did. Even so I masked most of my life and only recently decided to be open about who and what I am. There is no shame in being AS other than what we accept from an intolerant society. You are among friends here :

Another excellent production.
You deserve Pats of encouragement!
:D
Can't wait for the next one.
Might even be working on an idea
or two, for you.;)

Thank you.
We're lucky to have you.
:)

Another excellent production.
You deserve Pats of encouragement!
:D
Can't wait for the next one.
Might even be working on an idea
or two, for you.;)

Thank you.
We're lucky to have you.
:)

Thank you Sidd. You are always very encouraging and you know how much I appreciate your insight on this forum. I'm always grateful for ideas and sometimes, as in this case, they can be really useful :)

Another excellent production! Such thorough coverage of all the important points in just 16 minutes. I love the way you put us in perspective for all and you snuck in the most important point that the world needs to understand right in the middle. Amazing!

I subscribed at the beginning of the series, so I am able to enjoy each new one right away. I guessed the little bird mentioned in the video that suggested this topic was you @Pats!

New Threads

Top Bottom