• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood Cover

False positive or not, one of my security programs has disabled it from running an internal script as a potential tracker.

Though I know the song, the artist and what it's about.

Last edited:
Hmmm...tracker? Ok.

Hint: It's generally regarded as one of the top ten browser extensions developed by a long-established and highly respected group of developers. I'm guessing whatever spyware this may launch, is something you are unaware of.

Last edited:
Hint: It's generally regarded as one of the top ten browser extensions developed by a long-established and highly respected group of developers. I'm guessing whatever spyware this may launch, is something you are unaware of.
What extension plz?

This goes to soundcloud.com ... I checked the link. It goes to my song. Please provide a screenshot of what you're referring to.

Installed privacybadger and wappalyzer. It shows 2 possible trackers...both are all over the internet. This forum shows 20 instances of spyware...are going to stop using it?

Installed privacybadger and wappalyzer. It shows 2 possible trackers...both are all over the internet. This forum shows 20 instances of spyware...are going to stop using it?

What my extension showed went beyond merely citing a number of possible trackers. It replaced your entire post with a warning. Unfortunately it doesn't rate the severity of what it involves. Only that it has preempted your post altogether citing it has "replaced your sound widget". Allowing me an option to click it once, or accept it perpetually or just pass on it altogether.

This type of notification goes beyond the usual logging of a tracker with just an integer. This is what concerns me most. Where it not only preempted me from accessing the link, but warned me graphically. It could be an innocuous tracker, or something else. I just don't know. Where my curiosity simply doesn't exceed unknown risk.

Being on the cautious side, when I see something like that coming from much of any third-party security program, I'm not likely to just ignore it. I sometimes investigate such things, and on very rare occasions I might even alter how such a program reacts to such things. But only if I'm convinced the issue at hand is a benign one. Besides, I have other security programs that would purge such trackers whether I catch them manually or not at all.

Such incidents don't happen very often here, but they do happen on occasion. Though it's precisely because I use such software that I don't have to concern myself so much about this particular domain. In any event I'm just the "messenger"- not our host.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom