• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Regional Humour

100507e1c875eedc079d3d243c222510f6f86809.jpg

I remember standing waiting for a lift outside the theatre Royal after going to the opera in winter in Newcastle and wearing a long wool coat,scarf -shivering.I had stood there for five minutes,I thought I would get hypothermia .
Born and bred in Sunderland .
Sounds familiar to this born and bred Geordie lass :)

Skyclad.jpg

Where I live the word "coke" is the master word for pop, or soda. So when someone says, "You want a Coke?" The answer may be sure, I will take a Dr. Pepper, or Sprite, or Mountain Dew... : )
Even though I live in Nevada, my southern roots come out on this one.

From here in Newfoundland:

A man's car stalled just outside of Gander one morning. When the man got out to fix it, a moose came along and stopped beside him. "Your trouble is probably in the carburetor," said the moose.

Startled, the man jumped back and ran down the road until he met someone. The amazed man told the feller his story.

"Was it a large brown moose with a crooked left antler?" asked the feller.

"Yes, yes," the man replied.

"Oh! I wouldn't listen to Old Lefty," said the feller. "He doesn't know a thing about cars."

LOL...and we haven't even discussed how we regionally may pronounce the word "soda". :p

After nigh on 28 years of watching Kenan and Kel, I still cringe at the "Orange Soda" thing, it's Orange JUICE FFS!

I don't know of anyone in the US who refers to Orange Soda/Pop as anything else when it's carbonated in a plastic 2 liter bottle. LOL a substance that likely is absent of most anything organically considered "orange". I've also never heard anyone refer to Orange Crush or Nehi as orange juice either.

Must be an "across the pond" thang.

“England and America are two countries separated by the same language.” :p

- George Bernard Shaw

Last edited:
Orange coke, lol!
I don't know of anyone in the US who refers to Orange Soda/Pop as anything else when it's carbonated in a plastic 2 liter bottle. LOL a substance that likely is absent of most anything organically considered "orange". I've also never heard anyone refer to Orange Crush or Nehi as orange juice either.

Must be an "across the pond" thang.

“England and America are two countries separated by the same language.” :p

- George Bernard Shaw

New Threads

Top Bottom