1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured Receiving strong emotional expressions/pressure from others..

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by risootser, May 14, 2020.

1. Giraffes

Giraffes Active Member

I am over , prehaps emotive and have been judged by men for being hypersensitive and relendless in my wish for reciprocation in needs being meet, or wanted to provide solutions for 'unavailable' anelectical individuals who find emotions confusing or of no purpose, now, i see i do prehaps at times over think emotions and intent but one of the benefits of 'partners' who slam home this assumtion is based on control and power differential, and a unwilling or unable ability to see anothers point of view or perspective.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FormerlyAutistic

FormerlyAutistic Well-Known Member

I was a textbook case of autism. The evidence was so overwhelming that it was very clear I was autistic. I never fit the profile for OCD. I didn't even know I had rigid thinking patterns before I researched CBT. Now that I'm aware of what I had, I see those same thinking errors in every autistic person I know in real life and in most of the posters on this forum so that is more confirmation I was autistic. Those thinking errors explain nearly every symptom of autism listed in the DSM-V.

Also, I've been able to get rid of the other autism symptoms caused by genetics. Many parents have found that milk makes their kids more autistic. That's because it can trigger mast cells in people with mast cell activation syndrome which research suggests may cause 75% of cases of autism. By exposing myself to mast cell triggers, I can turn my remaining autism symptoms on and off. The biggest trigger of mast cells is stress which continually triggers the mast cells in those with untreated emotional problems so that needed to be addressed first before the effect of diet became more noticeable. Unfortunately, the biggest mast cell trigger for me other than stress is pollen (from trees, grass, and ragweed) which I can't avoid for most of the year.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Wolfgangus Faldestolius

Wolfgangus Faldestolius Little notes from an armchair

You don't press their buttons. Neither do I. I enjoy not pressing people's buttons. Who needs people who want their buttons pressed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wolfgangus Faldestolius

Wolfgangus Faldestolius Little notes from an armchair

The man who spoke was plenty good at emotion till his mum & the crooked authorities crushed him just that one time too many. Up till then he always knew what was right. And the friend was good at it. And now this man has been good at it again for a long time.

The mother was a button pusher. The authorities were button pushers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. risootser

risootser Active Member

Well, I would never call him emotion driven person more like that emotions have caused him distress. He wanted to be recognized as a human who has feelings. Not very capable director of emotions like someone who has cult leader capabilities (see it is not always positive).

6. risootser

risootser Active Member

Well, many many people call me very expressive. My face is in constant movent. I do not really see myself as emotional. Thoughts generates emotions therefore I can really like something what others call boring like math. Emotions seem to come after. Understanding generates thrilling emotions. A psychiatrist said that I show lots strange emotions removed from the immediate experience. Yeah, my head is constantly buzzing new questions.

I think emotions and theoretical thinking are connected (see my thoughts regarding cult leaders and cult members or scientists and histrionic women who likes deep thinkers) like practical rationale and feelings are because you have to feel responsibility for rational acting. I do not show lots of practical rational behaviour or talk about feelings but I do emote thinking.

Above applies in cases where you show your true strength and are motivated to perform. Of course if you can not follow rationale it generates negative emotions or when your feelings are not met you turn towards harsher rules as well as emotions needs practical applicable forums while a theory calls for an investment to a generated cause. I see these as stressor drivers but they do not meet underlying needs like thinking looks to find intense emotions behind the mist or an emotion wants to meet a clear headed understanding . Sometimes these things are well hidden like in case of Paul Dirac who in his old age found the emotion behind his equations and refused to accept ugly theories

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  7. risootser

risootser Active Member

Yes, I'm not denying your experience at all. I'm just questioning the whole diagnosis and the writer as well. Something seems to be twisted in this whole business. Seems like inductive reasoning with very little deduction which does not erase personal problems. I'm very anal in scientific realm because I have science education background and my thinking is very scientific.

For example your case might bring out contradiction which goes against the diagnostic criteria. It ultimately calls out a new category like neuropsychiatric disorder NOS. If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck it is not always a duck. Extraordinary claims needs extraordinary evidence.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  8. FormerlyAutistic

FormerlyAutistic Well-Known Member

Diagnosis is based on observation. Leo Kanner observed a group of children who acted unlike most people but similarly to each other. He had no idea, nor did others after him, whether their cluster of symptoms were genetic, psychological, or a combination of both (with the genetic aspect predisposing them to psychological problems).

There are numerous autistic people who've claimed their autism has lessened over time. The stories follow the same pattern. Certain symptoms (the ones that are likely genetic such as nonverbal communication impairments) stay the same while others (such as "extreme distress at small changes" that can easily be explained by anxiety) improve over time.

My claim that CBT can help people recover from some symptoms of autism can easily be verified in a scientific study. These studies have already shown that most of the symptoms of autism can be permanently cured.

9. Wing00Raiser

Wing00Raiser New Member

I've had similar situations with my step dad.

It's hard to talk to him because any little thing can send him off on a rant or argument. The fact that he has a tendency to be sarcastic and a bit of a jerk half the time just mIss it even harder to actually have a conversation with him without pushing one of his buttons. The end result is that I genuinely can't feel completely secure around him. So I feel I always have to be on guard because anything can set him off.

To make matters worse, the stress this brings up usually makes me mess up around him, when normally I would operate just fine.

Even trying to point instruments on why I may do things differently to him don't work. To him, they are just excuses, and nothing gets through to him. It's like arguing to a brick wall.

I can tell I have a similar effect on him, because he gets just as frustrated.

There are quite a few ways I can see us being similar, but our temperaments just give us bad chemestry, so we end up seeing more of the worst in each other.

It can be very infuriating and depressing

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 1