• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Re-introducing myself

music.forlife7

I'm Rachel, I was a member of this online community, but left it for a while due to some personal issues. I was going through some personal challenges and I guess I took it out on you guys. I'm deciding to come back, to enjoy the discussions, to learn more about overcoming my asperger's, and to even talk about the problems we all face in a non debatable way. I enjoy art, teenage mutant ninja turtles, and music (my username origin) a lot.

You left before I arrived so no issues there.:D But I have left more forums, mostly NT, then I have joined, so don't feel bad*. Many of us have these phases where we stress out over things and you want to just leave, bridge intact or incinerated. A lot of times its more of an emotional response and the issues are not insurmountable. But because so many of us experience Meltdowns or Shutdowns, I think Aspies understand it more and don't attach as much of a sense of permanence to it.

At one of my first full time jobs a guy made a dum mistake over the lunch order and the boss got all upset and throwing his sandwich at him, fired him on the spot. I was kinda shocked. But the next morning the guy clocks in as usual and I asked the foreman what was up. He said 'Oh, Lenny gets fired all the time. It doesn't mean anything.'

*Occasionally leaving a forum once was insufficent, and I have to return to quit again for good measure.

New Threads

Top Bottom