• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random thing that annoys me

News shows that purport to be about actual news but then 'inform' me breathlessly about the latest idiotic shenanigans of mindless so-called celebrities! I truly do not care what Justin Bieber did last night & who he did it with or which starlet drank herself comatose & barfed in who's limo!

News shows that purport to be about actual news but then 'inform' me breathlessly about the latest idiotic shenanigans of mindless so-called celebrities! I truly do not care what Justin Bieber did last night & who he did it with or which starlet drank herself comatose & barfed in who's limo!

There's a reason why I gave up on any and all newsoutlets a while ago... this is amongst those reasons

"ticket office" .. rofl!

Wow, those are all very commendable annoyances. Mine is people using incorrect language on the telly. It winds me up something rotten and I am very often to be found shouting at the telly. Saying bought when they mean brought, less instead of fewer, pressurized for pressured. Flood water recedes, it does NOT subside, and no end of men in London are taken to hospital with serious head injuries - what, are they all Worzel Gummidge? - serious injuries to the head!! Once, at Kings Cross, a woman was stabbed in the ticket office; I am still trying to figure out what that was a euphimism for. However, the best one of all time was Moira Stewart on Breakfast, and I quote, "the man who cloned the World's first sheep...." You'd think of all people she would have known better. :mad3:

HUH. I'm not getting any 'Kardasshian action' either. We must be the only 2 people on the planet NOT getting banged by a celebrity! (LUCKY US!!!)

A woodchuck that runs away from me without a hello or goodbye :wavespin: :unhappy: Today while watching birds & ducks, I stepped onto a footbridge [over water.] On the other end of the bridge was a wood chuck. We saw each other at the same time. The wood chuck, standing still, quickly skiddadled into the bushes. I tried an enticing squirrel call...a squirrel in a tree answered me back! <3

{woodchuck picture found on google via wanamassa.us}

Attachments

• woodchuck seen on wanamassa.us.jpg
    woodchuck seen on wanamassa.us.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I hate when the media sensationalizes criminal cases. They always push one side hard, regardless of evidence, and take a "guilty until proven innocent" approach about who they think should be going to jail. What's worse is that seemingly rational people buy into the media circus and their emotionally driven nonsense. But hey, whatever makes money right?

Very true Pacman! Lots of online news websites have a field day when voicing their opinions on hotly debated criminal cases. It gets so boring to read when they voice their same opinions over and over again. Too much bias, which makes the people talking about these cases look extremely unprofessional.

When guys wear cologne. The cologne doesn't necessarily smell bad; it's just really weird for a human being to smell like that.

There's a reason why I gave up on any and all newsoutlets a while ago... this is amongst those reasons

I agree! Over the years I have found news media to be completely useless when it comes to reporting real news that is affecting real life. So many important news items fly under the radar and it is in my view that it is done completely on purpose to keep people from understanding reality, or caring about it. I have to search for real news now on the internet and I dismiss any news I hear anywhere on radio until I can find alternate sources. I don't have tv and I don't miss it for a second and this is one of the reasons.

Very true Pacman! Lots of online news websites have a field day when voicing their opinions on hotly debated criminal cases. It gets so boring to read when they voice their same opinions over and over again. Too much bias, which makes the people talking about these cases look extremely unprofessional.

There's also the factor of the news outlets and people who watch that stuff acting like they know more about the case than the ****ing jury. That's what gets me. Well, that's one thing.

I find the fact that a number raised to the "0" power is 1 to be utterly frustrating. I have seen many explanations for this but no matter what they are I don't like the logic around it even though its right in mathematical law. In my school days I must have just memorized it and accepted it to move on but I still don't like it to this day.

I understand it like this:

10^3 = 1000
10^2 = 100
10^1 = 10
10^0 = 1
10^-1 = 1/10
10^-2 = 1/100
10^-3 = 1/1000

Makes total sense to me.

Thanks for the link! Haha once he brings up 0^0=1 thats a whole other story. Interesting though.

I understand it like this:

10^3 = 1000
10^2 = 100
10^1 = 10
10^0 = 1
10^-1 = 1/10
10^-2 = 1/100
10^-3 = 1/1000

Makes total sense to me.

Yea I have seen this pattern shown before and I like patterns so it looks good to me. Its one of the few ways I can see why it is correct even if I still don't like that it is right. :p

There's also the factor of the news outlets and people who watch that stuff acting like they know more about the case than the ****ing jury. That's what gets me. Well, that's one thing.

That's a great point too. I really dislike that as well.

A huge pet peeve of mine, though it's a first world problem, is when I'm sitting at my desk listening to my iPod and then when I stand up to go somewhere, my cord gets caught underneath the corner of the desk and rips the headphones out of my ears. It hurts and I start cussing the desk out and I get so infuriated at it. Lol, next time it happens I'll have a meltdown, I swear.

These stupid running jokes my dad insists on using over and over again. If it wasn't for the Alzheimer's I'd say to him "NEWSFLASH! You killed it 10 years ago and you're still poking the remains with a stick! STOP!"

Also, I don't like it when my fiance leaves my room a mess. Or when he keeps me up too late, or talks to me in the middle of the night out of nowhere. Do you have a death wish?! LOL!!!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom