• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Quote, Unquote

I have one..

"I have no bird. I have no bush. God has taken my bird and my bush."

GOD: "Parting your soup is not a miracle... It's a magic trick. A single mom who's working two jobs and still finds time to take her kid to soccer practice, that's a miracle. A teenager who says "no" to drugs and "yes" to an education, that's a miracle. People want me to do everything for them. But what they don't realize is *they* have the power. You want to see a miracle, son? Be the miracle."

Bruce Almighty

Morning guys, Austin again. I'm not too sure if there's already a thread like this, but can we have a quotes thread? Post any quotes that you like.

"There's no such thing as paranoia. Your worst fears can come true at any moment." - Hunter S. Thompson

"Most people work just hard enough not to get fired, and get paid just enough money not to quit." - George Carlin

"Normal people have an incredible lack of empathy. They have good emotional empathy, but they don't have much empathy for the autistic kid who is screaming at the baseball game because he can't stand the sensory overload, or the kid having a meltdown in the school cafeteria because of the amount of stimulation." - Temple Grandin

"I don't give a f**k about what anyone thinks, and I never have. You say everyone is entitled to their opinion? Well, I'm entitled to not give a f**k about your opinion. Anyone who gives another person s**t for how they look or for what music they listen to is just insecure. Think about it, they find you so important that they take time out of their life to f**k with you? Seems pretty weird, right?" - Rob Zombie

I often think of
"You're only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!" - Michael Cane, in The Italian Job.
Also, if I'm thinking that something needs to kept a secret, I think of
"Keep it Secret, keep it safe" - Gandalf in Lord Of The Rings

"OK! OK! You have a point... I am ****ing Weasel!" - James Woods in Salvador.

"Fish in Tree. No Blame." Anon

The Theatre of the Absurd attacks the comfortable certainties of religious or political orthodoxy. It aims to shock its audience out of complacency, to bring it face to face with the harsh facts of the human situation as these writers see it. But the challenge behind this message is anything but one of despair. It is a challenge to accept the human condition as it is, in all its mystery and absurdity, and to bear it with dignity, nobly, responsibly; precisely because there are no easy solutions to the mysteries of existence, because ultimately man is alone in a meaningless world. The shedding of easy solutions, of comforting illusions, may be painful, but it leaves behind it a sense of freedom and relief. And that is why, in the last resort, the Theatre of the Absurd does not provoke tears of despair but the laughter of liberation.

MARTIN ESSLIN, introduction, Absurd Drama

My favourite quote is by Winston Churchill, "If you're going through hell, keep going". For personal reasons it's my favourite quote.

A film quote from "Gods and Generals"

"The Lincoln administration required us to raise three regiments. Tell them we have done so!

- Thomas J. Jackson, Confederate States of America (Stephen Lang)

Winston Churchill, at the close of World War 2 - "The next time fascism rears its ugly head it will be heralded as anti-fascism."

This guy was a sharp cookie, maybe we should listen to him.

"Am I a good man, or am I a bad man?"
Anthony Hopkins, as Freddy Treeves, in the elephant man. How that movie didn't the best movie gong, I'll never know.

Last edited:
Emotionally Powerful Quotes (Awesome/Tearjerking/Heartwarming or Heartbreaking/Inspirational):
  • "Emotion is always the enemy of true justice. Thank you. You've always been a good friend." (Harvey Dent/Two-Face; Batman Forever)
  • "But I shan't be here forever." (Alfred Pennyworth; Batman & Robin)
  • "It wasn't your fault. You couldn't have known." (Stray Cat Crossing)
  • "Death is but the next great adventure." (Albus Dumbledore)
  • "One way or another, it ends tonight! Goodbye, my love..." (Andrea Beaumont; Mask Of The Phantasm)
  • "I'm already alone..." (Andrea Beaumont; Mask Of The Phantasm)
  • "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU ****!" (Molly Weasley; Deathly Hollows)
  • "Alfred's not sick; ...He's dying." (Bruce Wayne/Batman; Batman & Robin)
  • "Witches can be right/Giants can be good/You decide what's right/You decide what's good" ("No One Is Alone"; Into The Woods)

Worf - Klingons do not pursue relationships. They conquer that which they desire
Spock - Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end
Homer - Killing makes me hungry, Eating makes me thirsty, Drinking makes me sleepy.
Cartman - Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Roger Smith - I'll be dragging Jenna into the creek behind school and harvesting her organs in no time.
Homer - You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
Data - You are much more than that, Jenna. I have written a subroutine specifically for you - a program within the program. I have devoted a considerable share of my internal resources to its development.

This one is from Life on Mars. Gene Hunt is a very funny character. This is him talking to his new inspector.
:D

New Threads

Top Bottom