• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Quiet corners at work

ASD_Geek

V.I.P Member
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone else seeks out dark quiet corners at work during the day just to get away and clear your head. There are two conference rooms where I work one of them is hardly used at all and the lights are always off in there. I like to go in there and just sit, clear my mind and relax especially if I have a headache.

Last edited:
I don't work, but at my college in one of the buildings there's a little corner that few people go to. I sit there and do homework a lot. It's peaceful, quiet, and faces windows.

I originally tried doing my homework in the library, but that didn't work well for me. The sound of people typing on computers sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me and with computers everywhere, the library is a rough place for me to go.

My office can get really noisy. I can also contribute to that! When things get too much I do find a quieter area to work. Don't have to very often but my employer Understands that is a requirement on odd occasion.

My office really can got very noisy, but my attitude towards it varies considerably, I can go from being jovial to being stressed out in minutes, this can either be from workload or the noise itself, and then I really need my quiet space.

I've managed to find little secluded places at school (it's a vocational school so really it is a lot like work except you don't get paid) where I can escape to to get work or studying done while sucking on my vaporizer. I'm lucky enough that my instructors respect my need for space and privacy and they've seen me hard at work in these spaces, so they don't mind a bit.

New Threads

Top Bottom