• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Oz67

I read in some of my medical and IEP records and found out that I showed symptom of Conduct Disorder Unspecified, but I don't quite understand what it means.

It's just that I developed empathy and remorse on time, but was reported for having Conduct Disorder Unspecified for being odd, eccentric and a bit antisocial, and sometimes consistently was in trouble most of the time, and some of my former elementary school teachers complained about my behaviors in my IEP records.

It's just that I developed empathy and remorse on time, but was reported for having Conduct Disorder Unspecified for being odd, eccentric and a bit antisocial, and sometimes consistently was in trouble most of the time, and some of my former elementary school teachers complained about my behaviors in my IEP records.

One thing we all unfortunately have to deal with when interacting with medical professionals is the possibility of subjective- and capricious assessments of ourselves which may- or may not be all that accurate. Yet if and when they are made a matter of record, it is us- not them who must live with it, whether accurate or not.

One thing we all unfortunately have to deal with when interacting with medical professionals is the possibility of subjective- and capricious assessments of ourselves which may- or may not be all that accurate.

Although breaking social norms is a symptom of Conduct Disorder, it's also a symptom of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Communication Disorders or any neurodevelopmental and neurogenic disorders that includes limited, poor or lack theory of mind.

I read in some of my medical and IEP records and found out that I showed symptom of Conduct Disorder Unspecified, but I don't quite understand what it means.

Conduct Disorder is a label quacks give to children who misbehave. It's most likely caused by bad parenting and emotional neglect. It's easier and more profitable to blame the child than deal with the hysteria of mothers who are too stubborn and arrogant to listen to someone tell them they are the reason their children misbehave.

One thing we all unfortunately have to deal with when interacting with medical professionals is the possibility of subjective- and capricious assessments of ourselves which may- or may not be all that accurate. Yet if and when they are made a matter of record, it is us- not them who must live with it, whether accurate or not.

Conduct Disorder is a label quacks give to children who misbehave. It's most likely caused by bad parenting and emotional neglect. It's easier and more profitable to blame the child than deal with the hysteria of mothers who are too stubborn and arrogant to listen to someone tell them they are the reason their children misbehave.

It doesn't have to be emotional neglect, it can also be caused by genetic, environmental factors, and/ or both.

Do you really need Conduct Disorder to have Antisocial Personality Disorder?

I think that you can develop Antisocial Personality Disorder without Conduct Disorder, if you were in a bad environment or had neurogenic or mental disorder that has the same symptoms as Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Am I really defiant? I don't mean to sound like that I have Oppositional Defiant disorder, but I am against authority, but only if authorities are wrong.

Only you or a professional examining you can really answer such a thing.

Though it seems to me that for one to have such a condition would reflect having lived a very difficult life, as such a condition can ultimately have consequences into adulthood well beyond social difficulties. Translating into adults with an inability to maintain employment and a likelihood of being in trouble with the law or military establishment. Possibly leading to periods of imprisonment.

Being at odds with people in general is one thing. Being at odds with authority figures is quite another.

Last edited:
From what you briefly explain, I wouldn’t garner such an idea.. maybe if I knew more I might come to that conclusion but opposing authority when you believe authority to be wrong, is in fact a proper human response i believe.. now that doesn’t give permission to accost or even verbally assault a figure of authority if you intended to convey extreme opposition.. rather it’s worth asking for a supervisor or other ranked figure above to call into question.. there is no harm in calling attention to what you believe is falsely accounted, in a professional or respectful manner but ultimately I agree with Judge, that’s for professional(s) to sort out as it can be rather fickle business sorting what is and is not and helping to narrow down what might be the case.

Could it be possible that I might have severe Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

I have:

* History of long-term delusions of grandeur

* Haughty

* Arrogant

* History of being abusive

* Childish empathy and remorse

* Envy others better than me

* Pathological jealousy on people who are much better than me

Could it be that I got that from my former bullies? I was bullied for lacking social skills, was called "Stupid", "Loser" and "Idiot" for that in elementary school, and I asked my former elementary school teachers why and they said that I deserved it, because I was strange and lacked social skills at that time.

I used to have dark, twisted fantasies and delusional beliefs. I wonder if my dark and twisted fantasies is Schizotypal Personality Disorder.

So, just curious Oren, what do you do for a living? How do you spend your time during the day? Have any special interests, besides trying to diagnose yourself with "disorders"? (Sarcasm)

I am just saying that you seem to be spending an "unhealthy" amount of your valuable time with this "self discovery".

So .just curious Oren, what do you do for a living? How do you spend your time during the day? Have any special interests, besides trying to diagnose yourself with "disorders"? (Sarcasm)

I am just saying that you seem to be spending an "unhealthy" amount of your valuable time with this "self discovery".
No, I don't self-diagnose myself with anything, I am just suspicious that I might have those disorders.

My restricted interests are psychology and computers.

When I had severe mania in 2016, I had Megalomania, broke some school rules and got into fights. Do some symptom of Bipolar Disorder look like Conduct Disorder?

I used to have severe communication delays in the past, but I developed neurotypical behaviors later on, as I improved with therapy and I wonder if this is normal

Both the neurodiverse and neurotypical can have some overlapping traits and behaviors. With or without therapy. I don't believe they are truly exclusive to any one neurological profile. Though how many traits and behaviors one has, and at what amplitude they may be could be more indicative of one particular neurology than another.

Normal? To me that's a subjective metric and little else. Not a term I like to use at all. Lemmings as a species may follow each other over a cliff, but does that in itself reflect being "normal" ?

Last edited:
I used to have severe communication delays in the past, but I developed neurotypical behaviors later on, as I improved with therapy and I wonder if this is normal
Yes. Whether you have had formal "therapy", or have done a significant amount of research, learning, courses, etc...and became self-aware, and incorporated that learning, being self-motivated (like myself), it is certainly possible to change behaviors and ways of thinking. Now, having said that, it was and is not without some "thinking through it", because of the "underlying condition" of autism, it is less likely for new behaviors and thinking to become "natural". The autistic brain is "wired" a certain way, to force oneself to think and process a different way takes some conscious effort. Perhaps it is a form of "camouflage" or "masking", and in specific cases some autistics may either embrace it or fight it, but I am of the mindset that, in the end, "being a good citizen" is more the desired effect.

Even within the past year, I have noticed changes in the ways I interact with people, but like I said, it is an "active" process of understanding, recognizing, and thinking my way though things. I used to have a very quick wit, firing off a quick, but less thoughtful response, but now, I force myself to pause, take in context and perspective, trying to understand things before opening my mouth, or making comments online.

New Threads

Top Bottom