• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question why police officers don't really care that I am odd

I think I am having mild prosecutory delusion.

I am taking atypical antipsychotics, my mom helps me as well. My parents are looking out for me.

You are recognizing your thoughts. That's a big deal. You can step outside and look at your thoughts. That's so important for all of us.

I have worked with quite a few policemen, and have found then all to be diligent, hard working, good guys. But they mask to seem tougher than they are when they are at work. We get masking, right? They mask to increase their feeling of safety just like we do. It doesn't make them or us safer, but it relieves some of our anxiety. Because on a daily basis they are putting their life on the line for us. For us. Strangers that they never met. Be assured, they are not out to get you.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to have irrational fear of police. What happened was, is that I used to have profound prosecutory delusion that the currupted military police was going after me, and was once aggressive, because I didn't feal safe at the moment.

This delusion I had, it lasted for a month and as soon I started to take antipsychotics, I stopped having this profound prosecutory delusion.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to have irrational fear of police. What happened was, is that I used to have profound prosecutory delusion that the currupted military police was going after me, and was once aggressive, because I didn't feal safe at the moment.

This delusion I had, it lasted for a month and as soon I started to take antipsychotics, I stopped having this profound prosecutory delusion.

And it's good you are talking thru this. Just talking about this helps relieve anxiety. You come to understand yourself better.

I was stalked for four years in another state. I had to learn to ask for help, to understand my anxiety level was escalated, and learn to think and examine my thoughts. I went on to get married and raise a healthy daughter despite the obstacles placed in front of me.

I have a fear of being arrested too, but I probably shouldn’t elaborate on it because it has to do with racism, which is very prevalent where I live.
I also sometimes worry that police officers might mistake me for an illegal immigrant.
Some of you are fortunate that you have to worry about this less. :oops:

I have a fear of being arrested too, but I probably shouldn’t elaborate on it because it has to do with racism, which is very prevalent where I live.
I also sometimes worry that police officers might mistake me for an illegal immigrant.
Some of you are fortunate that you have to worry about this less. :oops:

Sorry to hear of this. There was one state where l was frightened of being female. Some very bad stories there. Here the police are more progressive and accepting of diversity. During the riots, nobody rioted, nobody complained about the police. And they do police their own members which is very surprising.

Some places in my country (USA) have a card that you can carry and present to emergency personnel and police. Often times police departments themselves will offer the cards. Here is a picture and link to a more generic one. Lots of different versions. Definitely not for everybody, but in certain situations I wonder if it could be helpful??

Wallet Card – The Asperger / Autism Network (AANE)

upload_2022-7-7_21-15-16.png

Maybe it’s a terrible idea to disclose, I don’t know? This isn’t really a suggestion, just an idea.

Another way to think about this? Police don't care about odd just like they don't care about normal. It's only when crimes happen, and, or laws are broken.

The ones I dealt with before were very lousy. But it also depends on what coppers you're forced to engage with. Some are arrogant. Some are okay.

Some places in my country (USA) have a card that you can carry and present to emergency personnel and police. Often times police departments themselves will offer the cards. Here is a picture and link to a more generic one. Lots of different versions. Definitely not for everybody, but in certain situations I wonder if it could be helpful??

Wallet Card – The Asperger / Autism Network (AANE)

View attachment 81274

Maybe it’s a terrible idea to disclose, I don’t know? This isn’t really a suggestion, just an idea.

The only problem is that I may diagnosis is only Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. I do hope it doesn't matter anymore, because it's just Autism Spectrum Disorder.

New Threads

Top Bottom