• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question if there an online self-test to determine if I need to go to mental hospital

Oz67

How do a self-questioner test to determine if I am a danger to myself or others to go to mental hospital? I can check myself in if I meet this criteria, it's just that my symptoms of Bipolar Disorder is so mild, because it's stable with medications, what if I am a danger to myself and to others, it's just not manifested yet? I also do well in school and function well in society, it's hard for me to know for sure until It's too late.

I have psychological highs and lows.
When I have psychological highs, I meet diagnostic criteria for hypomania, but I used to have mania with delusions in the past.

When I have psychological lows, I meet diagnostic for milder form of depression, but I used to meet diagnostic criteria for severe depression and catatonia in the past.

I want to make it short, I don't want to list all the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder I had in the past and present, I just want to do online self-test for High-functioning people like me who might meet the criteria for being a danger to themselves or others.

I am sorry, I am having a serious mental health crisis. I know that it's sounds mild, because I able to think clearly, as if I have atypical symptology and symptology threshold.

Once police officers that checked if I was okay, they told me how well I communicate and how good my social skills are, and I told them that because I have milder form of Bipolar 1 Disorder and Autism is a spectrum, and they understood.

Most online tests are for casual or "entertainment" purposes only.
Questions about "acute" conditions should be directed toward your doctor.

Likelihood I think if he is asking the question probably not.

If you are really worried get a proper diagnosis, I know see a Dr seems so trite. Chances are you are just weird like me.

Bipolar is horrible though my sympathies. Never had it.

Likelihood I think if he is asking the question probably not.

If you are really worried get a proper diagnosis, I know see a Dr seems so trite. Chances are you are just weird like me.

Bipolar is horrible though my sympathies. Never had it.

I am having pathological psychological highs and lows. I am sorry, I had to correct you.

You can always admit yourself to ER. If you feel you are out of control. Anytime you are going to hurt yourself or and somebody, including pets, you are helping yourself by calling 911 or going directly to ER.

Do you feel your medications may need to be adjusted? Can you talk to family about scheduling an appt.?

You can always admit yourself to ER. If you feel you are out of control. Anytime you are going to hurt yourself or and somebody, including pets, you are helping yourself by calling 911 or going directly to ER.

Do you feel your medications may need to be adjusted? Can you talk to family about scheduling an appt.?

One thing that the medications are only doing is making sure I do well in school and not become delusional again, but I also want talk therapy, and I start to feel better that way.

I take Guanfacine, Olanzapine and Rexuliti.

Talk to someone if you think you may need a different dosage or even a different pill(s). This is okay to do. Ask your family to schedule you for a meds adjustment appt. Sometimes meds take awhile to take effect. If you just started any meds, your body may not respond right away.

Remember, your medical provider is there to help. Ask your mom to schedule an appt. for you. Good luck.

Talk to someone if you think you may need a different dosage or even a different pill(s). This is okay to do. Ask your family to schedule you for a meds adjustment appt. Sometimes meds take awhile to take effect. If you just started any meds, your body may not respond right away.

Remember, your medical provider is there to help. Ask your mom to schedule an appt. for you. Good luck.

I have atypical symptology and threshold symptology of Bipolar Disorder. Yes, the medications helps, but doing talk therapy helps me even more.

Excellent to hear this. I know several people who refuse to treat their bipolar. It's pretty tough. Good you open up and talk about things.

Excellent to hear this. I know several people who refuse to treat their bipolar. It's pretty tough. Good you open up and talk about things.

Thank you! I just want to be healthy, having pathological psychological highs and lows feels annoying to have.

Thank you! I just want to be healthy, having pathological psychological highs and lows feels annoying to have.

Maybe you can have a code word for yourself or a special thing to hold and stim as you work through this. Like you feel these lows and you sing a song, or repeat a word over and over. It maybe something you still need to discuss with your provider. That you have these lows and is it something you just have to get through or can you take a mood stabilizer? However, sometimes meds can cause issues. But to take something until you feel on track perhaps. I have taken antidepressants, however the minute l didn't need it l quit.

I feel embarrassed and I was in denial, I only meet criteria to go to mental hospital only when I am depressed. When I am depressed, I fantasize taking my own life and have feelings of guilt that doesn't exist. But I am too happy now. I have rapid cycling. I am sorry for causing so much confusion.

No. I understand. I lived 18 years with a bipolar person. He suffered more from anger, less from depression.

Sorry that your depression causes you to have faulty thinking. I had some pills that l took because they made me so happy. But later it was determined that l was unable to take them. So no more happy pills.

No. I understand. I lived 18 years with a bipolar person. He suffered more from anger, less from depression.

Sorry that your depression causes you to have faulty thinking. I had some pills that l took because they made me so happy. But later it was determined that l was unable to take them. So no more happy pills.

Thank you! I appreciate your support.

Do you have Bipolar Disorder as well?

Not that l am aware of. I have dealt with a lot of bullying in my older age. Not much in my younger years. That tends to stress me out. But l worked a lot on having boundaries. Then emotion self-reglation is important also.

Last edited:
Not that l am aware of. I have dealt with a lot of bullying in my older age. Not much in my younger years. That tends to stress me out. But l think worked a lot on having boundaries. Then emotion self-reglation is important also.

I know that I am having serious mental health crisis, but laughter is the best medicine and it actually makes me feel better, and feels therapeutic.

You have what's called Broad Bipolar Phenotype, just like Broad Autism Phenotype.

I am sorry, just trying to be funny, it helps with my rapid cycling for a little bit.

I feel embarrassed, I meet the criteria to go to mental hospital when I am depressed, I just don't want to be without my friends and I keep it to myself as well.

When I am depressed, I fantasies about wanting to die and also plan very fast on how, and what location I will commit suicide. I am also embarrassed, because I have serious anger issues and fantasizing about slaughtering my former bullies, because they called me "Stupid" , "Idiot", and a "Loser", for having Autism Spectrum Disorder and profound learning disorder. I know what I said is actually a felony, attempted murder, but it's not okay for people to make fun of my atypical development. I hope FBI understands that I need help.

I am sorry, I don't mean to sound like Sandy Hook. I am too empathetic for that.

Those are red flags that I need to go to mental hospital, but I do well in school, that is why I keep it to myself for a long time and only tell this to my psychiatrist, parents and school psychologist.

I am sorry, I was in such huge denial about this.

New Threads

Top Bottom