• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question about Messaging Functions

Ella Spell

Hi,
If people are engaged in conversation here on AF, and one of the people leaves the conversation and selects "ignore further responses" because they don't want to be disturbed for a period of time, is there a way they can enter the same conversation again?

I invited this person the first time. Then they left the conversation thinking it was just temporary. I keep sending new invites but they can't seem to get back in.
Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

Could you maybe just start a new conversation, instead of using the old one? It's not what you are asking about, but it's a quick fix.

Last edited:
It seems weird that a person can't leave a conversation and go back in. Am I correct that there's no "rejoin" option anywhere?

1687272631356.png

Right. ^ Thanks.

I suppose that's the message they got but it appears they chose "Ignore", because they were going to be busy at work and didn't want to be tempted to keep checking.

There's no way a person can change their mind and get back in again, ever?

I know it's not a problem specific to AF. I saw it happen before on another site with the same program. When I googled, I think it's called Xenforo?

Yeah I tested it now and it seems like the conversation is removed and there's no way to get back into it.

1687273403887.png

Yes, XenForo is the platform.

============================================
While I don't know the scope/volume of messages in your private group
conversation, it seems like it would not be insurmountable to either
A. summarize
B. take screenshots

If nobody wanted to do either of those, then I guess the person who
left the conversation would just have to catch up, at whatever point
the group reconvened (by which I mean, started a new group PM.),
if no other method presents itself.

New Threads