• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

quality systems

One of the part owners of a bar we attend may take up my offer to help them set up a quality system. MSA for bar tenders I had a plan before my stroke of helping small businesses put together a quality system. I would volunteer.
gave my son the same offer.

Checked my former employers web site, been a while., surprised their parent. Company bought out one of their competitors. Probably explains why. There was sudden interest in my linked in I Quess they want to expand their printing capability into these other facilities. sort of see now why they promoted my former understudy to manager. Aspies like me are hard to replace. And even harder to copy, it should not be that hard to reverse engineer what I did.

Last edited:
Approached, the manager of my favorite, offered my improve skills to improve business. he was receptive asked that I speak to owner. As he is a friend got very Enthusiastic response yes go ahead. Plan to give the manager a measurement study procedure to control the bartenders, I drink pre bottled drinks but the wife likes cocktails, noticed they are not consistent. manager weighs bottles to check for over pouring. Only half of solution.
measurement study, glasses bottle of cheap vodka container of water hydrometer procedure rate his bartenders.
retrain as needed. Also give him control plan. by the time I'm done his competitors will wonder what happened.

Why is quality dropping for some critical companies such as aircraft, Boeing. is it us experienced quality experts retiring do not want to go back 40 years when car was in shop almost weekly. It is amazing how fast we can regress.

Why is quality dropping for some critical companies such as aircraft, Boeing. is it us experienced quality experts retiring do not want to go back 40 years when car was in shop almost weekly.

Good point. I find it far beyond the level of "alarming".

I once lived not too far from their huge factory in Everett Washington. My childhood best friend's father was a Boeing employee. The early 60s when the corporation had a well-earned positive reputation.

Why is quality dropping for some critical companies such as aircraft, Boeing. is it us experienced quality experts retiring do not want to go back 40 years when car was in shop almost weekly. It is amazing how fast we can regress.
It's probably a combination of oligopoly and limited consequences from tort liability. I suppose one could add in the management technology of recent decades, where everyone is responsible for everything and no one is responsible for anything, i.e., a management-free design and manufacturing operation.

Reputations can go away very quickly nothing worse that that company having a monopoly. They can not even return a people from the space station. I was proud of being a very accomplished quality engineer prior to retirement.

Reputations can go away very quickly nothing worse that that company having a monopoly.
One must make adequate allowance for the bad driving out the good. When everything is substandard, then the good reviews will rave about the option that's slightly less substandard than the other. People get used to being flogged, and those that don't have 100 billion dollars aren't likely to start a better aircraft company.

Reputations can go away very quickly nothing worse that that company having a monopoly. They can not even return a people from the space station. I was proud of being a very accomplished quality engineer prior to retirement.
Microsoft comes to mind first in that context. Resting on laurels occasionally reinforced by politicians who cite, "Too Big To Fail".

Ironically they too have contracts with the government. I'd prefer to see our tax dollars go with another vendor whether it involve NASA or the DOD or NSA. Boeing and Microsoft???? Yikes.

Good point. I find it far beyond the level of "alarming".

I once lived not too far from their huge factory in Everett Washington. My childhood best friend's father was a Boeing employee. The early 60s when the corporation had a well-earned positive reputation.
I have been watching Boeing ever since they were infested with McDonnell Douglas administration and their MBA mindset. That began their profit at all cost mindset where they built planes in a non-union plant in Charleston using uneducated southern labor who have crappy work ethics, sold their fuselage construction to Spirit Aero private equity, and started decimating their quality departments. They were helped by the degenerate idea by our government that for-profit businesses are capable of self regulation. Then they turn over software design to amateurs with no skills in avionics or who did not understand the hazard of single point failure, and who evidently did not test the integrated system or do regression analysis of their coding. Then Boeing went and did not give Pilots, y'know those people who actually fly the plane, details of MCAS and the ability to halt its functioning. All in the name of profit when that plane should have been redesigned, and pilots retrained.

Boeing went from an excellent Engineering company that built planes to MBAs flying it into terrain. Given their lax quality engineering I no longer trust Boeing and I do not think that airlines should either. We cannot as a society afford MBA crap machines who do not possess the training and experience to work in manufacturing (or in any capacity except to shovel dead animals off of roads.)

Here's a pic of Boeing's current crop of workers.
Boeing.jpg

Last edited:
I have been watching Boeing ever since they were infested with McDonnell Douglas administration and their MBA mindset. That began their profit at all cost mindset where they built planes in a non-union plant in Charleston using uneducated southern labor who have crappy work ethics, sold their fuselage construction to Spirit Aero private equity, and started decimating their quality departments. They were helped by the degenerate idea by our government that for-profit businesses are capable of self regulation. Then they turn over software design to amateurs with no skills in avionics or who did not understand the hazard of single point failure, and who evidently did not test the integrated system or do regression analysis of their coding. Then Boeing went and did not give Pilots, y'know those people who actually fly the plane, details of MCAS and the ability to halt its functioning. All in the name of profit when that plane should have been redesigned, and pilots retrained.

Boeing went from an excellent Engineering company that built planes to MBAs flying it into terrain. Given their lax quality engineering I no longer trust Boeing and I do not think that airlines should either. We cannot as a society afford MBA crap machines who do not possess the training and experience to work in manufacturing (or in any capacity except to shovel dead animals off of roads.)
BTW, are you familiar with the Boeing V-22 "Osprey" ? Is there a pattern to it all ? :eek:

BTW, are you familiar with the Boeing V-22 "Osprey" ? Is there a pattern to it all ? :eek:
I think the Osprey is more of an issue of our military having their heads up their rectums. An improved helicopter could have been in service in short order but the design of the Osprey limits its effective use. Another problem of crappy thinking is the F-35, which the military wants to use as ground support. Expensive to operate, lacking effective armor and poor time on target it would replace Fairchild's A-10, an exceptional plane for close ground support that other designs cannot match. Plus its titanium bathtub provides safety for lingering on targets. Comparatively, the F-35 cannot survive close ground support missions while the A-10 takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

New Threads

Top Bottom