• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"pushing" people appropriately socially and "triaging"

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
It feels good to be "pushing" people appropriate socially, but it feels bad that I have to do it so much. As one friend calls it, "triaging". It's not meant to be easy, but you end up with better quality.

Triaging? Hmmmm. :confused:

Just as long as a woman playing nurse doesn't mark my forehead with an "F" with her lipstick.

That would not be cool. :eek:

Last edited:
It feels good to be "pushing" people appropriate socially, but it feels bad that I have to do it so much. As one friend calls it, "triaging". It's not meant to be easy, but you end up with better quality.
It feels good to be
... pushing people appropriate socially,
... but if feels bad
... I have to do it so much

o_O

Some sort of assertiveness in a conversation you had felt good, but also bad?

Applying the word triage to how you’re deciding which friends you’re going to stop being friends with?

None of this thread , not one single word makes any sense to me at all...just nice to admit that now and again.

You're not the only one. It would be nice if people can start phrasing things in plain, simple, direct English so that nobody is left guessing, but I don't see that happening soon.

Please explain.

Because, for the time being, I am imagining you mean a situation like this, but with humans/possible
friends, as the product, so to speak.

"Social Push
The idea behind push marketing is pretty simple: push your products and services toward consumers. In push marketing, the brand controls the message, the platform and the timing. Have you ever visited a department store where the associate at the fragrance counter tried to push a cologne sample on you? If so, you probably got the hint pretty loudly: here's our fragrance and we want you to buy it.

Push marketing is great for people who aren't aware of your brand and what you offer, or for trying to encourage people to make a purchase. In fact, you might even use it to offer links and sales items for a social media crowd. Push marketing is very much like the traditional advertising you're accustomed to: billboards, flyers, circulars, magazine advertisements, all in the platform of social media.

Push marketing in often referred to as outbound marketing, since a company is pushing its message 'out' to its audience. The audience may or may not make a purchase, but the information is out there nonetheless.
Social Push & Pull: Definition & Examples | Study.com

"Social triage argues that bureaucratic decision makers find it inefficient to work with certain groups, and these decision makers sacrifice these groups’ needs in order that others (more beneficial to the organization) receive services. Social triage appears linked to social Darwinism. To favor society’s 'most fit' members, it seems necessary to establish 'unfit' members. Sacrificing the needs of certain populations seems possible only if fitness can be a social construction."
SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

Are you using jargon to describe trying to promote friendships and
feeling the need to drop some people because it doesn't seem worth
the effort?

@tree

I need tree to organize and bullet head my life with a couple of links just to keep going forward.

Thanks tree!!

Triaging? Hmmmm. :confused:

Just as long as a woman playing nurse doesn't mark my forehead with an "F" with her lipstick.

That would not be cool. :eek:

What if she marked it with a "B" instead?
Or if it was a man instead?
:D:eek::rolleyes:o_O

There are so many sorting systems used, world wide, for triage.

Triage - Wikipedia
Triage and emergency assessment - Manual for the Health Care of Children in Humanitarian Emergencies - NCBI Bookshelf

upload_2021-8-24_13-36-56.png

https://www.medicinenet.com/medical_triage_code_tags_and_triage_terminology/views.htm

I have discovered that whenever you phrase something as "social (fill in the blank)" it rarely has anything to do with the actual definition of (fill in the blank). Just as "social Darwinism" has absolutely nothing to do with Darwin's theories, "social triage" (as defined by bureaucracies) has nothing to do with actual triage. Both are just excuses for institutionalized favoritism.

I'm trained in disaster relief operations thru the CA Dept of Emergency Preparedness and thru FEMA.

In a field emergency, triage exists to optimize the use of limited resources. The system was initially developed by the military for when field medics and aid stations and field hospitals would all be overwhelmed by mass casualties during and after a battle.

The idea is to maximize the number of people saved, independently of all other factors. We try to use toe tags when possible. Some don't get treatment because they are dead or simply cannot be saved with the available resources. (Black) Resources then go to the people who can survive but only if they get immediate help. (Red)

That black/red decision is the part of triage that can emotionally destroy the one doing the triage. There could be people who are still alive but there is nothing to be done to save them and that can be a very tough call to make.

Some will need help soon but not immediately (Yellow) and get higher priority than people who need help but can wait 'till things cool off (Green). Any kind of markers can also be used if you don't have tags.

My wife used to do "telephone triage" for an HMO. Her job was to sort the callers into those who had no immediate medical need and could wait for a future appointment, those who could engage in self-care and see what happens, those who needed to go to Urgent Care, and very rarely, those who needed an ambulance to the ER right now. No such thing as a black toe-tag for the on-call nurse.

There were people having severe chest pains, had a history of heart disease, and wondering if they should see a doctor. There were people who merely read about a condition online, thought they might have it, and demanded an ambulance trip to the ER.

Sometimes people are not rational.

New Threads

Top Bottom