• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

psychics on the spectrum

epath13

the Fool.The Magician.The...
V.I.P Member
Does anyone on the forum has ESP? Does anyone believes in this stuff here?
Anyway for me personally intuition was at times the only light in darkness. I'm not a psychic (I think lots of people who call themselves that way are delusional) even though I did work as one long time ago :) it was fun until.... anyway I'm just a person who likes to experiment with different (available) types of perception :)

've heard before that it's sort of impossible for people on the spectrum to have strong intuition, or even be intuitive at all, which I think makes no sense. But then again you would probably have to be balanced right/ left brain or right brain person to experience something like that or to relate to that in any way.

I know an autistic person in Singapore who has ESP. He's always got lots of ideas... due to him exposed to more things and ideas.

I believe that certain people - both people on and off the spectrum - can be sensitive and intuitive.

I read Tarot cards, and sometimes I've been quite accurate when I've read for either myself or other people. I remember once reading for a work colleague who I didn't know very well, and started talking to her about her relationship problems [which she hadn't divulged to anyone prior, much less myself], and she was like, "How did you know all this?" Another time I had to tell a friend that her exam results weren't going to be what she had expected and therefore she wasn't going to go to the university of her choice, and unfortunately I was right.

I think this sensitivity is just another sense, really. I also think that people on the spectrum can be quite sensitive to other people's needs, but due to social deficits, they lack the ability to show their concern in a way that is understandable for the majority.

I do get repeated bouts of deja vu, if that counts. Though I would need to take a survey to see just how common it is amongst the general population, doesn't seem like anything special really if everyone's capable of it.

I personally think that all people have ESP it's not about tuning in to your extra sense's voice. Some people overanalyze everything and that makes it difficult to pay attention to the intuition...
I know one thing if I didn't have Aspergers I might not try so hard to improve my ESP :) I'm a big fan of Tarot (I prefer the Waite's ones) Somehow the structure makes complete sense to me, don't know why but it does :) I don't always use them, sometimes I prefer just to visualize stuff but I like Tarot specifically because of the structure. Astrology... well I've been trying to get into it but it seems like too much work, kind of work that I'm not really interested in doing...

I have the Rider-Waite as well, which is a lovely pack. I also have a pack whose art has been inspired by Greek mythology. It's beautifully rendered, although the artist has taken some artistic liberty with interpreting what images should go with what card meaning.

Anyways, I used to do a lot of astrology a few years back. I've not really looked seriously into astrology for a while now, although I will sometimes read up on it. I find that astrology is great if you are looking to examine your inner psyche, because sometimes it can reveal strengths that you may otherwise not have been aware.

I also think that with astrology and the tarot, they offer a heads-up but it is rarely set in stone. It's healthiest when people don't take a fatalistic view.

i can see Gods And Goddesses also on a said note i can heal people and i have a bit of Clariovancey if that counts and im into myscticism and seidr and stuff of that sort:)

I don't believe in any of that stuff at all. I'm solidly Christian, but not a believer in paranormal at all. ESP is all garbage.

New Threads

Top Bottom