• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Prepping to come out of hibernation

velociraptor

V.I.P Member
My photography slows down to a crawl over the winter months. I do get the occasional image in, but I no longer feel like risking my life going out in crazy snow storms or hurting my arthritic hands for shots in extreme cold.

Moonset with a Kiss of Alpenglow, Strathmore, AB, 2023-01-07 by Sean McCormick, on Flickr

Vanilla Ice, My Front Yard, Strathmore, AB, 2022-01-18 by Sean McCormick, on Flickr

Watch that first step, The Vault, Strathmore, AB, 2022-02-12 by Sean McCormick, on Flickr

20230223_183216-01 by Sean McCormick, on Flickr

Northern lights 15 min N & E of Strathmore, Looking east, Wheatland County, AB, 2023-03-23 by Sean McCormick, on Flickr

Anyone else getting their cameras ready so they can "spring" into action once it warms up a bit?

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. It's a bit awkward for me not having a car, and I live in a city, cities don't inspire me. But I'm planning a roadtrip through the Flinders Ranges soon and maybe there I can satisfy my aesthetic.

I've been experimenting with Caffenol-C to develop my pictures in. You are a fantastic photographer @velociraptor and it takes some good work to get that much of a colorful landscape out of winter snow!

No vehicle is a huuuuge handicap in North American society.
It's a huge handicap here too, but people stopped selling their old cars over the last few years and the second hand market is mostly overpriced crap that has been flogged to death. I can afford to be patient though, something I like will show up sooner or later.

and the second hand market is mostly overpriced crap that has been flogged to death.
It's nuts. I had an 88 Pontiac Fiero GT that I was sort of putzing around with. The idea was to put a nice vehicle wrap on it and drive it around the community to promote my online station. I just couldn't find the time for it, though. Then someone found me through word of mouth a couple of years ago and offered me a LOT more than I paid for it. Easy decision to let it go.

My current vehicle issue is that I've done so little driving this winter that the battery in my Impala was almost dead the last time I went to use it. I guess it means some photo trips are in order.

That is beautiful photography.
I was just writing about photographic memory on another thread and then I clicked on these.
Color and photos have a lot of meaning to me. These are gorgeous.

It's a huge handicap here too, but people stopped selling their old cars over the last few years and the second hand market is mostly overpriced crap that has been flogged to death. I can afford to be patient though, something I like will show up sooner or later.
As I'm sure you know, during Covid used car prices spiked because new cars were hard to come by

From what I've heard the used car market will probably be coming down, as the computer chip issue subsides and new cars are more available...

I photograph every month of the year, even in a winter climate... I love the mood of a winter day, even a cold winter day, I've taken outside photos at almost -30 Celcius, dressed warm enough of course

But I do understand why some photographers take a winter break, it's just not for me ;)

I photograph every month of the year, even in a winter climate... I love the mood of a winter day, even a cold winter day, I've taken outside photos at almost -30 Celcius, dressed warm enough of course
I'll go out in the cold if the subject matter warrants it. Haven't had much in the way of interesting subject matter for a while, at least not locally. We'd like to move somewhere more interesting. My wife is trying to find a work-from-home role. It's moronic that she has to go to the office to work when she teaches 100% online classes. She can do it from anywhere. Her boss is an extrovert who needs to be surrounded by people. I hate extroverts - they're wrecking the planet.

I can work from anywhere in the country with my job and I wish my wife could get the same freedom. It would let us move next to an ocean.

Last edited:
I haven't flown my photography drone much for the past few months. I had actually drained the batteries to 60% and put them in the back of my fridge for storage to keep them from deteriorating while unused. It felt like time to charge up the batteries and put El Drone back into service:

I spent nearly 25 minutes practicing taking off, landing, and cruising around in both follow and FPV modes. Not a very exciting video, but this is me getting ready to flex my photography muscles again. (Note, this video was still processing when I posted this. If you're getting less than FullHD, come back later and view again if you want higher quality.)

I've been getting envious, and a little impatient. I figured there's really only one good answer for me - Road Trip.

screen11.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom