• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

IMG-20200305-WA0000.thumb.jpg.0bef1a20d34507724ff72fb08513985d.jpg

I love a good news story. And for those that wonder how the figures can reach over 100%, we export electricity to other states.

Just a little background information, SA covers an area just shy of 1 million square kilometres, that's bigger than France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany combined. The population is less than 2 million.

Last edited:
Geckos. We had them in Darwin too. Amazingly vicious, some people call them "wall crocs". I once saw a baby one drop from the ceiling and latch on to a large green dragonfly's face. The dragonfly took off pushing the gecko backwards across the concrete and in to some bushes, 20 minutes later the dragonfly was still buzzing away like mad and the gecko still had it's jaws locked on to the dragonfly's face and was patiently waiting for it to die.

I saw some comments about this video, people saying that it was defending it's mate, but that's not at all the nature of a gecko. It was just hungry and the snake was within easy reach.

Geckos. We had them in Darwin too. Amazingly vicious, some people call them "wall crocs". I once saw a baby one drop from the ceiling and latch on to a large green dragonfly's face. The dragonfly took off pushing the gecko backwards across the concrete and in to some bushes, 20 minutes later the dragonfly was still buzzing away like mad and the gecko still had it's jaws locked on to the dragonfly's face and was patiently waiting for it to die.

I saw some comments about this video, people saying that it was defending it's mate, but that's not at all the nature of a gecko. It was just hungry and the snake was within easy reach.

I saw a British guy on tv, he had been in Australia and rented a room somewhere. When he walked into the room he saw a dinosaur hanging on the wall he said. Naturally he assumed this was a problem so he called the reception and explained that there was a wild animal hanging on the wall in his room. And the guy in the reception had just said "yeah, yeah mate, it's a gecko" and hung up the phone. :) lol there was no help, no one reacted to it.

So he tried to get used to it and after a while turned off the light and went to bed. And he said that's when he learned that darkness activates geckos, that's when they start running around and it fell or jumped off the wall and landed on his chest!. lol

When he walked into the room he saw a dinosaur hanging on the wall he said.
They get everywhere. They chirp like sparrows as a sign of territorial aggression and they fight often. They like laying their eggs in your underwear drawer, probably because it's all soft cotton. There's usually two or three in every room of the house.

They get everywhere. They chirp like sparrows as a sign of territorial aggression and they fight often. They like laying their eggs in your underwear drawer, probably because it's all soft cotton. There's usually two or three in every room of the house.

But why are they not prevented from entering a building? We put up mosquito nets in windows to stop mosquitoes, do you guys not have gecko nets? ;)

Nothing seems to stop them, they can squeeze through the tiniest of gaps. It's also not uncommon when you go to the toilet to see three or six little green toes poking out from underneath the rim. Green tree frogs. They lose their grip when you flush but they swim back out again no worries.

Nothing seems to stop them, they can squeeze through the tiniest of gaps. It's also not uncommon when you go to the toilet to see three or six little green toes poking out from underneath the rim. Green tree frogs. They lose their grip when you flush but they swim back out again no worries.

Australia seriously need to get the indoor wildlife under control. I'll bet once in a while a kangaroo just casually jumps through your livingroom, tripping on geckos and tree frogs. ;)

Australia seriously need to get the indoor wildlife under control.
You can't live in the tropics if you can't handle the wildlife. And I did have to evict a wallaby from a friend's house once, I was keeping an eye on the place while he was away. It must have been tamed by someone, it kept trying to get back in and it jumped through the fly screen on a window. I had to tell Ruby to kill it.

New Threads

Top Bottom