• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post One Song About Where You Grew Up and Another One About Where You Live Now

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I was inspired to make this thread, because a forum member said he liked The Beach Boys, and that reminded me of home.

So just like the title says, post one song about where you grew up, followed by one about where you live now.

This is so tempting, but I'm not sure I want to reveal that information. Great thread idea, though.

Here's two more videos, more about the area than specific places:

I lived in a remote, redneck place, behind idyllic desert hills. But within a couple hours of the big, dangerous, yet glamorous cities:

But now I'm kinda here in this big city, pining for sagebrush and chapparral:

I also think of home, when I hear Neil Young's "Helpless".

There are so many songs that remind me of childhood but they aren't always about the location. "Helpless" ticks all the boxes.

"Bobcaygeon" is a childhood song too because I spent most of my early life boating. I went on a boating holiday straight from the hospital when I was born. I hadn't even gone home yet.

Here's another boating memory. Been here many times:

My granddad used to boat from Lake Ontario to the St. Lawrence River, to Florida.

He and my dad hand-built this boat on the left.

boat2.jpg

After my granddad took his life we moved near Venice for two years.

Last edited:
There are so many songs that remind me of childhood but they aren't always about the location. "Helpless" ticks all the boxes.

"Bobcaygeon" is a childhood song too because I spent most of my early life boating. I went on a boating holiday straight from the hospital when I was born. I hadn't even gone home yet.

Here's another boating memory. Been here many times:

My granddad used to boat from Lake Ontario to the St. Lawrence River, to Florida.

He and my dad hand-built this boat on the left.

View attachment 96113
After my granddad took he life we moved near Venice for two years.
I'm sorry about your grandfather :'(

The province where I grew up my entire life, and a very well known song by Ian Tyson... An excellent lyrical description of Alberta!

And quite possibly the most famous short song for a certain generation of Calgarians, there are many variations of this song on video, this is but one...

And, yes, I still live here 50 years later, just surfing around Youtube right now, one track by a well known local hip hop group - Dragon Fli Empire

Rather than post about a physical place I thought I'd post about a mental place, a spiritual place. Who I was when I was young and who I am today.

Then:

@Outdated

Lake Louise in your second video! After they build the annual winter castle on the lake... I've been there for that, only a short drive away from me...

This song is all about where I grew up.

This song is about the area where I live now.

Where I was born.
This song moved me to tears seeing all old familiar places.

Ended up wasting away here:

New Threads

Top Bottom