• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Positives of an autistic partner...

Divrom

V.I.P Member
I was reading a book last night, by a very well-known author on asperger's, and the chapter on relationships was almost all completely negative. If you were the partner of an autie or aspie you would feel doomed after reading it.

So, I thought, why not compile a list of the positives of having a partner with asperger's? Obviously, this will be highly generalised and is more for fun than anything. But after reading what I did, I could do with seeing the more positive side.

1. They are good at remembering dates

1. They are good at remembering dates. (Note: This might differ from male to female, my spouse remembers dates, I remember where everything is;)
2. Loyal to friends and family.
3. Ethical
4. Hard working
5. Focused

Personally, I think the honesty thing is a big plus.

Unfortunately, if you're not smiling and making eye contact and small talk all the time you're not even worth talking to, no matter how honest, loyal, ethical, hard working, focused, and, yes, good at remembering dates, you are.

*sigh*

Yes, we know aspies are awesome. How about telling is the benefits of befriending and dating NTs because I have not mastered that query yet.

Yes, we know aspies are awesome. How about telling is the benefits of befriending and dating NTs because I have not mastered that query yet.

Feel free to start a new thread on that topic.

New Threads

Top Bottom