• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Positive Vibes

Do you think you're "worth it"?

• YES

• YES

Results are only viewable after voting.

HaruLanayru

I noticed a lot of people struggle with love and dating. I just wanted to give hope to those who don't think they're worth it because they have autism. Here's a funny story of mine to cheer you all up (Skip to the last paragraph if you want to skip my story. I don't mind cuz it's kinda long lol):

So, I have PDD-NOS and so does my boyfriend, Dave. Both of us were diagnosed at an early age. We both grew up in different "situations". We've both been through a lot of crap. Different kinds of it, but it was still bad.
I used to think I was forever alone. So I turned to online dating. I was a little nervous as it was a site generally for Neurotypicals, but I still managed to be contacted by a lot of caring guys. I would mention my autism, but very few were afraid of it. Now, this is only my experience and yours will most likely be different and that's ok.

Anyway, I had just been friend zoned by a guy I really liked. So I returned to online dating.
As I was scrolling through profiles, I noticed I had a message from someone. He said, "what's a pretty girl like you doing in a forest temple like this?"
Obviously a Zelda reference he probably got from google. I had a lengthy profile that included my love for all things Zelda. The fact that he read all of it made me curious so I responded, "At least it's not the water temple or you'd NEVER find me!"
The conversation that followed was very pleasant and I ended up meeting him that same evening.
Long story short:

I was in sunnyvale and made my way to Cupertino to see him. We went on an "adventure" back to my apartment. Best adventure I've ever had lol
We barely caught the last bus too. It only got better as time went on.

What I'm trying to say is:
Don't get discouraged and don't give up. If you really want love that bad, then you WILL find it. It may take some effort but you can do it!
I was a pretty hopeless and depressed girl who tried to die three times. I take a ton of meds too. Now that I have Dave, it's like I don't need my meds as much.
You'll find your other half, but only if you stay determined and make an effort!
Love is tricky, so find someone worthy of your time and effort. Find someone who is worth it. And YES, we all deserve love. Dave used to tell me he didn't deserve me, but he's wrong in so many ways on that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone once told me it's a numbers game. You just have to keep on trying, keep on keeping on, keep getting out there.

Love is a good feeling, but I don't trust it to last.
Always ended in hurt for me.
But, I don't have a heart of stone, so if it comes my way
I jump on the merry-go-round.

New Threads

Top Bottom