• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pollution eliminating fraud

Aspergers_Aspie

I understand bars not wanting to give receipts as to help save environment. (I feel l play my part from recycling, litter pick ups and growing wild flowers). But if a customer gets accused of not paying, what if they don't have an app for internet phone banking (which it's their choice to have or not)

Ask for paper receipts--Not having a phone is actually better for the environment; take your occasional paper receipt with a clear conscience.

Paper is mostly harvested sustainably these days anyway. Down South you can find people planting pine trees everywhere there is a clearcut--a shame to let that forest stand idle.

I know what you mean. They usually just print out a reciept and throw it away in the trash bin under the register if you say "no thank you". Throw it in the recycler at home. Or if you're hippie like that- put it through the shredder and use it for mulch.

What if we had the bartender write them on a leaf that has already fallen, then make a xerox copy of it before it crumbles?

That would work.

Ask for paper receipts--Not having a phone is actually better for the environment; take your occasional paper receipt with a clear conscience.

Paper is mostly harvested sustainably these days anyway. Down South you can find people planting pine trees everywhere there is a clearcut--a shame to let that forest stand idle.

I agree that paper receipts are more environmentally friendly than cell phones but forests are never idle! They are soaking up carbon from the atmosphere, stabilizing soil, keeping waterways clean, and hosting all kinds of living creatures who live there. Some southern timber growers sell "carbon credits" to polluting companies to offset the environmental pollution from the companies so the companies can stay in compliance with their greenhouse gases emission limitations in their operating permits. The timber owners agree not to harvest their trees for stated periods of time while the polluter "uses" the carbon credits as an offset for their pollution.

We own a lot of southern timber land and will never cut our trees because we love them but I might investigate "selling" carbon credits for our trees and any tax implications just for the heck of it. If they want to give away money if we just agree not to harvest timber, which we won't do anyway, then why not?

In my country anyway I think the customer probably has the legal right to a paper receipt. I was in a Tesco metro and as I was queuing I witnessed the shop assistant automatically put a customer's receipt in the bin, the customer asked for it but was told the shop assistant couldn't find it (pressuambly there was a lot of receipts in the trash can).

Entire cities in the Pacific Northwest have become impoverished and meth infested, because well-meaning, but ignorant politicians made laws that put the timber companies out of business.

Those same loggers make sure and replant even more trees than they cut. Not only is it prettier, and better for the watershed, but it is the ultimate renewable resource, and they know that in 20-50 years, their children and grandchildren will have a resource for income as well.

Once the radical environmentalists started making no-cut policies, that's when the devastating megafires started happening on the West Coast. All my life, until recent years, there were always controlled burns and clearing of the forests and wilderness areas. Nowadays, they just let the forests get choked with underbrush and unhealthy or dead dry trees.

The Indians never lived in a jungle of underbrush. They performed controlled burns several times a year. The pioneers, when they got to Oregon and California were greeted by wide open meadows and healthy forests that were managed quite intensively by the Native Peoples.

In fact, due to their management and utilization of the natural resources of the area, Lewis and Clark remarked that the Chinook Indians were the wealthiest and healthiest people group, with the most advanced society that they had met since they left Missouri.

Unfortunately, cash register receipts should not be recycled or composed. Most are printed on thermal paper which is contaminated with BPA. BPA is problematic in that the body confuses it for estrogen. Furthermore, recycled paper is used for toilet paper resulting in a possible exposure route. Bad enough to be exposed in the store when we receive the receipt. The trash is the best place for the receipt, although it would be best to phase out the paper with BPA.

Thanks for asking a question on my special interest of recycling science :).

Entire cities in the Pacific Northwest have become impoverished and meth infested, because well-meaning, but ignorant politicians made laws that put the timber companies out of business.

Those same loggers make sure and replant even more trees than they cut. Not only is it prettier, and better for the watershed, but it is the ultimate renewable resource, and they know that in 20-50 years, their children and grandchildren will have a resource for income as well.

Once the radical environmentalists started making no-cut policies, that's when the devastating megafires started happening on the West Coast. All my life, until recent years, there were always controlled burns and clearing of the forests and wilderness areas. Nowadays, they just let the forests get choked with underbrush and unhealthy or dead dry trees.

The Indians never lived in a jungle of underbrush. They performed controlled burns several times a year. The pioneers, when they got to Oregon and California were greeted by wide open meadows and healthy forests that were managed quite intensively by the Native Peoples.

In fact, due to their management and utilization of the natural resources of the area, Lewis and Clark remarked that the Chinook Indians were the wealthiest and healthiest people group, with the most advanced society that they had met since they left Missouri.
Don't think all the creatures who depend on the trees are joyous about their destruction but of course humans are arrogant destroy whatever we want

In my country anyway I think the customer probably has the legal right to a paper receipt. I was in a Tesco metro and as I was queuing I witnessed the shop assistant automatically put a customer's receipt in the bin, the customer asked for it but was told the shop assistant couldn't find it (pressuambly there was a lot of receipts in the trash can).
Our local convenience store always asks if we want a receipt.
Yes? It is printed.
No? It is not.​

I'm fairly sure that it was state and federal governmental policies that led to reduced timber cutting and burning of old growth, not radical civilian environmentalists.

I'm thankful that I live in the south and not on the west coast of the USA. We had 16 inches of rain in one day last week. That is more rain in a single day than many parts of the world and the USA receive in a year. Today, the skies are overcast due to the tropical storm in the Gulf of Mexico with rain expected later today. Our rainfall is so extreme that forest fires are virtually unheard of here and the forests become almost like jungles. The US military trained soldiers for Viet Nam in the southern US because they could replicate jungle warfare. The south gets a bum rap from everyone but at least we have abundant fresh water and clean air thanks to the weather patterns driven by the Gulf of Mexico.

New Threads

Top Bottom