• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Poll: Do you like puppets, muppets, etc?

Do you like watching puppets, muppets, etc & are they easier to look at than looking at people?

• Total voters
I'm a bit of a fan of Jim Henson and his work. He's responsible for a lot of practical puppets in a lot of media, including The Muppets, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs (90's tv show), Farscape, The Neverending Story, The Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal and loads more.

An example of his work from The Labyrinth, one of my favourites.

I'm curious as to whether or not autistic people like puppets, muppets, etc more than NTs. For me, puppets, muppets capture and hold my attention far more than most people do. It's also very easy to watch puppets, muppets and make eye contact with them than it is real people.

If there's a puppet, it's got my attention. I'm also amused by their expressions and movements. My favorite example is an old TV commercial that came on when my wife and I were dating. I'd never seen it before and I found the puppet so hilarious that I couldn't stop laughing; the kind of laugh where no sound it coming out, when you've expelled all breath. I'm glad my wife didn't "back away slowly" from how atypical that level of reaction from me was.

Who wouldn't like the PG Tips Monkey?

Or this guy? This one made me laugh like crazy too the first time I saw it. My wife texts it to me somewhat often because she knows I find it amusing.

shocked-shook.gif
Like the muppets didn't like the pgtips one it was creepy

New Threads

Top Bottom