• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please Understand me!

Friend4any1

To Cowabunga And Beyod!
I know these storylines *must* have an equation full of difficulties to set up the ideal character development and/or the formation of a rewarding relationship/marriage, but I’m sure if I crossed paths with any real woman with such quality (and I don’t mean just the Disney, Marvel or DC heroines), I wouldn’t cause more difficulties than she/they would ever need.

Yes, like all of us, I have my faults, and I have some typical boy/man interests, but I would never, EVER try to make a woman drunk, or play any such foul games with her. I would never gaze so idiotically at her areas or legs no matter how attractive they can be to me.

Yikes, which 'storylines' are you referring to? There seem to be few male/female relationships in Lord of the Rings, the Ent wives went to greener pastures, and there seem to be few female hobbits or dwarves alluded to. The only relationships I can think of was the one between Arwen and Aragorn, and the female spider Shelob who simply wanted to destroy Frodo.

I was referring to the FOX movie “Anastasia” where Anastasia herself (or “Anya”) had to figure out a past she forgot, and along the way crosses path with a con man. In the movie, they brought out the best of each other, and that’s cool and all, but I myself am no con artist.

Then, there’s this 2009 made-for-video animated “Wonder Woman” movie with Kerri Russell as the voice of Wonder Woman herself. This man crashed his plane in an all-women populated island and he’s the first man they’ve seen in years, but he’s the first one Dianna (AKA Wonder Woman) saw in her whole life. Anyway, both he and Wonder Woman had a scene in a bar. “You tried to make me drunk! As if you can outdrink an amazon, you pathetic lightweight!” I would never cross a line like that.

Furthermore, there was another in her island who chooses peace over war, books over weapons, reason over battles; she was beautiful (drawn to look beautiful, I know) she was smart, she was somber, she was reasonable, she was sure for peace to take place, and that is my kind of woman! So sad she got killed by a traitor.

Yes, I’m referring to fictional characters, but these things gave me an idea of what I, your basic observing Christian and vegan, would love in a girl.

I probably would gaze at her breasts but through no fault of my own. I have a hard time making eye contact or even looking at a persons face, and I tend to instead look down and I find myself staring at the person's chest instead. It's only later do I realise just how rude that is.

My point is: Do I expect too much out of life?

I’m not asking for much, just a beautiful woman with some old-fashioned values and the will to face the future with me; her and me against any odds. She and I can just be aunt and uncle to the children of either one’s siblings.

Although, I guess I’m just fooling myself, I’m going to grow old, I’m going to be celibate and I’m going to stay a laborer, a single, never married laborer.

There are lots of people out there who feel the exact same way as you who end up finding a partner who suits them well. You'll find love when the time is right.

If I understand where you're coming from, you see some traits in fictional women that you would also like to find in real women? The traits you've mention sound reasonable to me and something you could possibly find in many women. I think it's a really good thing you wouldn't try to get a woman drunk or try to emotionally manipulate her. I admit I probably would take glances at an attractive woman here and there. I see no shame in that as long as she's comfortable with that and you admire her other traits above her appearance.

I do get the feeling of expecting too much out of life at times. I could go into a bunch of reasons for that, but perhaps for another time. I can't say it'll get better for you when I can't even say that for myself. There's supposed to be that whole thing about positive thinking. It's an uphill battle for sure.

New Threads

Top Bottom