• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please share outdoor youtube videos and shorts for my dad who is in the hospital

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
My dad is an aspie. He's the strong silent type. Thoughtful, quiet, great integrity.

He has surfed "Big Dana", hitchhiked Route 66, hiked the Pacific Crest Trail, and taught my brother and I to rock climb without harnesses. We would climb cliffs to find waterfalls, tide pools, and desert oasis'. Often just to get to the top, catch our breath, and look out over the vista of the land, listening to the breeze.

He is very gentle with animals. He used to break horses. Which is where, through love, and incremental contact, you teach a young, frightened horse to trust man.

He is in the IMCU right now. Very ill. In the past few weeks he's had everything from surgery on his lungs and heart, to blood transfusions, kidney biopsies, and so many blood draws and i.v. medications.

He sleeps a lot, but he enjoys it when I show him videos of coyotes or horses. Ones without a lot of loud or fast talking.

I was hoping that maybe you guys could post some very short videos (under 2 minutes long), that are not too bright and flashy. Maybe not a lot of talking. Nothing too goofy or dumb. Just something nice for my dad.

He also likes seeing images of the desert, surfing videos, videos of people cruising around in the Mojave or the Redwoods.

Please post short videos (under 2 minutes) here, that will bring a smile to his face.

Maybe something a little unusual for him, a little girl playing ball with her pet emu, which is also juvenile.

Less than 1 minute.

A phenomenal channel related to nature and a couple who lived on a narrowboat in the UK exploring their world. One of them has Aspergers and ADHD and talks about it here while he walks in nature.

New Threads

Top Bottom