• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please, I need your honest opinion!

epath13

the Fool.The Magician.The...
V.I.P Member
I am working on a series of video books. The 1st book is called "Arieh". I've been thinking about narrating the book but because of my accent and lack of experience I am concerned it may not be a good idea. I'd like you to listen to an audio piece and let me know if this is something that could work of I should find another narrator, or maybe I shouldn't narrate the book at all.
All the answers are completely anonymous. Your honesty is highly appreciated! I need 100 people to participate.

I don't really expect 100 participants, I hardly expect any actually. But you never know. .. I hope to get at least a few :)

Link to the audio:
SoundCloud Mobile

link to the survey: Arieh video book narrative example Survey

I've done the survey, personally, I enjoyed the narration. Could have been a little quicker but I accept that a small clip doesn't give the context, which may have called for that tempo.

Thanks for participating! It means a lot! I probably should have added a question about speed... but then again, that's what the comments box for, I guess :)

...What accent? You sound Neutral. But I am from the Deep South, so you have quite the competition for getting ranked with a thick accent by me!

I like your voice, it's deep for a woman. It's calming and doesn't grate on my nerves like higher-pitched women (like my voice).

...What accent? You sound Neutral. But I am from the Deep South, so you have quite the competition for getting ranked with a thick accent by me!

I like your voice, it's deep for a woman. It's calming and doesn't grate on my nerves like higher-pitched women (like my voice).
Thank you! It's good that I sound neutral to you. I've always thought my accent is pretty strong and may be distracting. Actually I like deeper voices when it comes to audio books and things like that as well, because I can't focus when the voice is higher. So I guess this might work. :)

Thank you! It's good that I sound neutral to you. I've always thought my accent is pretty strong and may be distracting.

In all honesty your accent strikes me as too subtle to be distracting. Subtle enough to draw people in rather than to push them away.

Well, I haven't received that many replies to the survey but... I've decided to go ahead and proceed with the recordings. The process is a little slow, and if I truly believe in my idea I will have to fight for it because I have virtually no support. About 10-15% of my friends are interested in what I'm doing... well, the 10% are probably the ones who actually care about me :) which is not bad. Here I got 3 replies, does it make 1% of active members or less? I have no idea :) I'll have to work hard to convince people just to look at what I'm doing and there's a chance only small amount will actually like it... anyway, I probably shouldn't worry about that. Right now, the most important thing is to finish the 1st book... And the current priority is the 1st episode of season 1. According to my calculations, if I want to squeeze 1 book into 1 season, I will have to have 10 episodes 30 min each. If it's entertaining enough, it's probably possible to hold a person's attention for that long. But I'm leaning towards 15 min episodes, which leaves me with 20 videos in total. So I guess it would make more sense to separate them into 2 seasons. Each video may have 3 music compositions. I find it boring when I hear plain text with nothing for my ear to rest on from time to time, it adds drama... another part of the project are products associated with it, which requires a lot of attention and time. I'm hoping this whole project, can feed us one day, but it's a huge risk to create something, to spend years on it only to face people's judgement and realize that almost nobody wants it [emoji33]
But I just can't give it up, because I strongly believe that my project is important...
Now I just have to wait and see how delusional or insightful I really am :)

I think this is becoming my project progress thread :D it doesn't have to be, but I think it's a pretty good place to share project related stuff. :)
I've just posted my intro on YouTube... I honestly do not know how those little segments are called. If somebody knows, please tell!!!
The tiny videos showing which production company was involved in movie making process. Like the Bad Robot and stuff :)

Well, here's my home grown production "company" video :D

Now I just have to wait and see how delusional or insightful I really am :)

Hi epath13 I think your voice and accent are hot, your intonation and movement up and down the scale was very good too. I'm no expert on this stuff, I hear that out here by L.A.,(big cities), and stuff where people are stuck 2 hours a day in traffic some of them like to listen to audio books. How big the market is I don't know, as you are now competing with the dreaded POD PEOPLE Aeeee!:eek: Nothing worse than having your date sitting there staring at her hands twiddling her fingers while your dreams of heavenly romance slowly trickle down the drain.:( Anyways back to audio books, clever narrowly targeted advertisement could turn a profit, in the right places maybe?:) I have no clue on the video stuff. Best of luck Mael :D Woof!:dog:

New Threads

Top Bottom