• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Playing one of my songs for Autism Hampshire Serendipity festival of beautiful music

Dark matter

My local Autism support group put on a special event on Thursday the 29th, it was more than a fund raising event, more to give local people with autism the opportunity to perform music which can help to boost confidence and self esteem. It was a success in that all the goals were achieved.
I played 3 of my own songs, i had planned to do 6 but nerves got the better of me!
Here's a video of me performing one of them.

Does that track have a name?

Well done on getting up there and performing.
Braver than me by far.

Again, huge well done.
:)

My local Autism support group put on a special event on Thursday the 29th, it was more than a fund raising event, more to give local people with autism the opportunity to perform music which can help to boost confidence and self esteem. It was a success in that all the goals were achieved.
I played 3 of my own songs, i had planned to do 6 but nerves got the better of me!
Here's a video of me performing one of them.

Wow that song is fantastic, I love it!!! Would love to hear it without all the background noise.

Thanks! it doesn't have a name, in fact only one of my songs does have a title, it's called Soar, its also the only song i have which has lyrics, well i do have a few others but i'm not sure I like the lyrics now. Maybe I will think of a name for all my songs one day!

Nice... Stage fright is a common thing with many people...

I have done a few presentations in my camera club with zero stage fright, doesn't bother me at all, I just don't crave being in the spotlight like that, being a photographer I'm usually on the other end at an event like that, taking photos of the performer... I like being in the background...

You're welcome!!!!- please name it and put it back on without the background noise if you have a way to do it. Can you post some of your other songs too?
I will eventually be getting my music recorded with proper equipment so it should sound a lot better then, and as I wont be playing to an audience I shouldn't make any mistakes! but even if i do, nobody's perfect after all! they can be edited. I might just ask people to name a few things they think suit the music to help me name them.

Nice... Stage fright is a common thing with many people...

I have done a few presentations in my camera club with zero stage fright, doesn't bother me at all, I just don't crave being in the spotlight like that, being a photographer I'm usually on the other end at an event like that, taking photos of the performer... I like being in the background...
Hi, I do a bit of photography myself, mostly wildlife and aviation, but I'll take photos of anything that interests me! I've never had to do a presentation about photography though, some of my bird photos were on public display at a nature reserve but i didn't have to be there!
I think it really boils down to me having low self esteem, I'm not sure if thats anything to do with the AS but i generally think everything i do is rubbish and worthless! and I have problems taking compliments, you know, it's like i feel they are just saying it to be kind. The only thing I feel confident in talking about is minerals, i could ramble all day long to an audience of millions about that subject!
However I am now starting to feel a little more confident in my music and have realized that maybe the compliments about my music must be true, doing this performance helped with that because i got so much positive feedback from it, and it was from strangers, and as the other performers also have autism, well I think one of the autistic traits is usually people say what they really think, which i think is a really good quality, even if it might end up hurting someones feelings, i know I would rather people be open and honest.
I have to stop worrying about making mistakes as well, I've been to see a few live music performances and even even the pros hit the occasional duff note or play the wrong chord, or even forget a section or repeat a section they shouldn't have, nobody in the audience seems to notice or care, and they just seem to be able to forget it and carry on like nothing happened. When I made a mistake on that song i had to start again, luckily it was right at the beginning, and then i made a mistake in the middle section and it completely threw my sequence out, i know I couldn't start it again so i was frantically playing chords to try and get back into it, eventually i recovered, but nobody said anything about it, probably because they never heard the song before so didn't realize it was wrong, but i did and it really bugged me!

I now have a name for my song, It is Prominence. here is a version with no background noise. It is a little different to the version I played at the Autism Hampshire music event, more mellow and spacey which is really how it was meant to be, now I have figured out how to use the sequencer on my keyboard I can record as many tracks as i want, this particular copy is made up of 9 separate tracks. The sound quality is still not perfect but that will improve when I have better ways to record my music, which will be when i get something to play from the keyboard into my laptop but it needs something in between them as I have been told the sound qulaity still wont be the best on a laptop without this additional device.
I'm going to get an electric drum kit as well as its easier to play proper drums than pan playing them with keys which I am doing here.
Not only do I make my own music, I like to do my own light shows as well so i just invested in a cool laser light show and a smoke machine, the other mellow light you can see is my night light, but I think it looks nice with the lasers!

I now have a name for my song, It is Prominence. here is a version with no background noise. It is a little different to the version I played at the Autism Hampshire music event, more mellow and spacey which is really how it was meant to be, now I have figured out how to use the sequencer on my keyboard I can record as many tracks as i want, this particular copy is made up of 9 separate tracks. The sound quality is still not perfect but that will improve when I have better ways to record my music, which will be when i get something to play from the keyboard into my laptop but it needs something in between them as I have been told the sound qulaity still wont be the best on a laptop without this additional device.
I'm going to get an electric drum kit as well as its easier to play proper drums than pan playing them with keys which I am doing here.
Not only do I make my own music, I like to do my own light shows as well so i just invested in a cool laser light show and a smoke machine, the other mellow light you can see is my night light, but I think it looks nice with the lasers!

Thank you for doing this! I really enjoyed it and also liked the light show. Keep up the good work :)

New Threads

Top Bottom