• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Playing Cards

Intemporal_Reverie

I've always liked playing cards since I was young, and I never really knew exactly why. It's not that I like them or their associated games and other uses as I just like having them handy. There were times when I would just carry a deck of cards with me at random, and I actually still do.

I have built some impressive card houses/mansions/buildings/whatever when I was a child as well, and had a great deal of fun doing so.

I'm fairly similar. However, I do like the games as well.

In an evening, I'll regularly reach for a pack and shuffle it numerous times. Now that I think about it, I guess it's a kind of stim.

I have around 30 packs of cards and often memorise a shuffled pack just to pass the time.

I'm fairly similar. However, I do like the games as well.

In an evening, I'll regularly reach for a pack and shuffle it numerous times. Now that I think about it, I guess it's a kind of stim.

I have around 30 packs of cards and often memorise a shuffled pack just to pass the time.

I've done the same thing.. Haha.

I love playing cards, particularly texas hold em poker, five card draw poker, spades, and Uno. It's good fun. I've always sucked at shuffling though, can't do any of the fancy moves but I get the job done which is all that really matters. I do tend to shuffle rather slow though relative to how fast most others shuffle them. I used to love building card houses too, though I haven't done so since I was a kid. I could always build them fairly tall though. Pulling a bottom card and watching it fall was always the funnest part, kind of like building a domino chain for hours on end just to tip one over and watch them all fall in a chain reaction. (which I also used to love to build and do)

Texas hold em has been an intermittent obsession of mine for years. I've recently learned how to play army ants and I love it. It's kind of like a cross between chess and war.

I'm not entirely opposed to playing various card games. I played all kinds as a child and throughout the years when I was able. It's just that due to AS, I've basically been stuck on SOLITAIRE.

I love all card games and have many different packs from various countries I have visited. I recently bought two very small packs which are ideal for playing solitaire on a tv dinner type table.

I must be the odd one out here, because playing cards stresses me out to an incredible extent... And I'm not talking about poker and the stress of losing money, either: just playing solitaire with my own darn self will cause enough stress to bring me on the verge of a meltdown.

New Threads

Top Bottom