• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Philosophical speculations on Quantum Physics

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
There is a lot of philosophical and even Theological speculations about Quantum Physics, some say it supports Aristotelianism, (the super-position is potency, the particle is actuality) some say supports Platonism, other say it points to the multiverse &c.

I want to know what all the theories and beliefs are about Quantum Physics; back when I was Deist, I used to lean towards a sort of, [Idealist] Platonist view of Quantum Physics, now I want to get a better understanding of both the Aristotelian and Platonic understandings but here, I just want to know all the theories and beliefs in general.

Last edited:
I'm kinda simple. So if it's not too much trouble could you put it kinda basic. What exactly Quntam Mechanics is?

I'm kinda simple. So if it's not too much trouble could you put it kinda basic. What exactly Quntam Mechanics is?
This video should help explain most what the issues are with Quantum Physics and what it shows:

There is a lot of philosophical and even Theological speculations about Quantum Physics, some say it supports Aristotelianism, (the super-position is potency, the particle is actuality) some say supports Platonism, other say it points to the multiverse &c.

I want to know what all the theories and beliefs are about Quantum Physics; back when I was Deist, I used to lean towards a sort of, Gnostic Platonist view of Quantum Physics, now I want to get a better understanding of both the Aristotelian and Platonic understandings...
Maybe "Gnostic" is too strong a word, this video sort of explains some of the beliefs I used to hold before reverting to the Catholic Faith:

So basically their trying to understand the workings of our universe. I have attempted broaching this subject in the past and it overwhelmed me. Too much information needed to be kept in line to understand it. God does though.

I would say Quantum Physics proves God, but science isn't really set up to accept that, although there are certainly a number of scientists who do. Have you come across the work of Nassim Haramein?

I want to know what all the theories and beliefs are about Quantum Physics; back when I was Deist, I used to lean towards a sort of, [Idealist] Platonist view of Quantum Physics, now I want to get a better understanding of both the Aristotelian and Platonic understandings but here, I just want to know all the theories and beliefs in general.
Me too, it's a bit over my head, but I want to rise above the level I feel at now.

I would say Quantum Physics proves God, but science isn't really set up to accept that, although there are certainly a number of scientists who do. Have you come across the work of Nassim Haramein?
I had to look up Nassim Haramein, I tried to read a book by Fritjof Capra, when I got interested in spirituality in the late 90's I realised that there was somehow a connection between that and science.
Same with mathematics.

I don’t think I’ve heard of him, what has he said on the matter?

I had to look up Nassim Haramein, I tried to read a book by Fritjof Capra, when I got interested in spirituality in the late 90's I realised that there was somehow a connection between that and science.
Same with mathematics.
I found Capra interesting but it is a long time since I heard that name.

If I have enough time this evening, I’ll finally get to watching this video and maybe expanding this discussion.

By the way, do you think we Aspies are prone more to Platonism due to are tendency to be idealistic and, as I jokingly call it, “oughtistic?”

If you really want fun read About Thomas Kuhn's take on science and physics. basically, trashed philosophy in the early sixties. never read the book, but I have always been wary with philosophy and the soft sciences.

New Threads

Top Bottom