1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Philosophical speculations on Quantum Physics

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatshield17, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Greatshield17

Greatshield17 Catholic Nerd V.I.P Member

There is a lot of philosophical and even Theological speculations about Quantum Physics, some say it supports Aristotelianism, (the super-position is potency, the particle is actuality) some say supports Platonism, other say it points to the multiverse &c.

I want to know what all the theories and beliefs are about Quantum Physics; back when I was Deist, I used to lean towards a sort of, [Idealist] Platonist view of Quantum Physics, now I want to get a better understanding of both the Aristotelian and Platonic understandings but here, I just want to know all the theories and beliefs in general.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  2. Wolfsage

Wolfsage In training to be Wolf King.

I'm kinda simple. So if it's not too much trouble could you put it kinda basic. What exactly Quntam Mechanics is?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Greatshield17

This video should help explain most what the issues are with Quantum Physics and what it shows:

Maybe "Gnostic" is too strong a word, this video sort of explains some of the beliefs I used to hold before reverting to the Catholic Faith:

4. Wolfsage

Wolfsage In training to be Wolf King.

So basically their trying to understand the workings of our universe. I have attempted broaching this subject in the past and it overwhelmed me. Too much information needed to be kept in line to understand it. God does though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SimonSays

SimonSays I'm a work in progress

I would say Quantum Physics proves God, but science isn't really set up to accept that, although there are certainly a number of scientists who do. Have you come across the work of Nassim Haramein?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gift2humanity

Gift2humanity Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Me too, it's a bit over my head, but I want to rise above the level I feel at now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Gift2humanity

Gift2humanity Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I had to look up Nassim Haramein, I tried to read a book by Fritjof Capra, when I got interested in spirituality in the late 90's I realised that there was somehow a connection between that and science.
    Same with mathematics.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Greatshield17

I don’t think I’ve heard of him, what has he said on the matter?

9. SimonSays

SimonSays I'm a work in progress

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alexej

Alexej Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I found Capra interesting but it is a long time since I heard that name.

11. Greatshield17

Thanks, I’ll get to it later.

I’m very busy today.