• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pets?

I like studying dog psychology and earning them to act the hoped way is really interesting to me. But as dogs are evolved to read peoples faces and body language determining their feelings of anger and happiness, I sometimes fear of being unable delivering these emotions to them. I have good way of using my voice on commanding and talking to them, which I've learned to use on my benefit. Terrier still sometimes stares me confused and realizes too late what was ment to happen.

I've been making notions that the terrier gets more confused about my facelessness because as a brainy chap he does an extra effort trying to read me right, which in my case is usually wrong. The other one is too obtuse to realize, and manages better with just those signals that I'm giving to it. I've been trying to spend extra time rewarding terri for doing how I mean things to go, but I can't think of what kind of internal struggle he must be having.

I had two Airedale Terriers for a few months and the female nearly drove me up a wall. She was very high energy and decided the back yard was not big enough so she leaped the fence like a deer. I was forced to put her on a clothes line because the neighbors did not find this acceptable. So, instead of leaping the fence she climbed it and became tangled in the neighbor's conifers. This led me to put a stake in the ground to attach her line to. She dug holes and pulled it out and over the fence again becoming tangled with the trailing line and stake.

In addition to her escapades she was pretty tough on my male Airedale, Calahan. She considered her food hers and his food hers too. So I fed Calahan in his crate where he could eat in peace. Curiously she did not really want to eat all her food but she ate it anyway because she definitely did not want Calahan to have any of it.

She was supposed to have Calahan's puppies but when the time for breeding came she was so agitated and energetic she injured poor Calahan's private parts preventing him from doing his job of inseminating her. The vet said he would be OK but the female had gone too far and I asked my breeder to find a new home for Cloe. She is a very brave, high spirited and smart dog that will do well in the right home but she was a poor match for Calahan. He is quite peaceful now and enjoying his solitude. I think what I had was a NT female and an aspie male Airedale pair.

Last edited:
Well a neighbours cat knows me better than it knows him (well in fact I talk to that cat more than I talk to people lol), it's always at my door and I'm usually the one to feed it too, but I don't have a pet of my own. I would have a cat, but I'd worry about it around my PC equipment (computers are my single interest and have been since 1979) + cable box Etc. I couldn't risk a pet damaging cables Etc.

l just got a leoprd gecko named Braham (he's on my shoulder) and I have a albino corn snake named Ringo. My wife is allergic to cats and dogs. otherwise id have a mini short haired dachshund. (that's what I grew up with)

Attachments

• WIN_20160107_121029.JPG
    WIN_20160107_121029.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I've got three wolfdogs who are indoor/outdoor pets though really more family members than pets. Wolfdogs aren't like normal dogs, they have a lot more of their wild instincts and behaviors intact and, their prey drive is extreme for a domestic canine.

I also have several barn cats, three of them are friendly with me and, I can pet and hold them but, the other three are not and won't allow anyone within ten feet of them. Of the three friendly cats, only one will allow anyone but me to pet her and, then only after they have been her and spent time outside several times. All were strays or abandoned in the area and found their way to me. I feed them and make sure they always have clean water outside. None will come in the house very often, one of the three friendly ones will, for a few minutes now and then, but even she bolts and panics if I close the door while she's inside.

I enjoy watching the cats interacts and the wolfdogs are four legged family, even if they do tend to play rough and howl in the middle of the night now and then. I do take one of them at a time on tour with me where it's legal. They can't leave the USA and, there are some states that do not allow them so, they have to stay home when I have to travel to those locations. I miss them if I can't have one with me but, it's the best I can do with them.

Five Chihuahuas, who sleep on the bed with us. There is nothing like have a dog fight on your bed at two in the morning.

New Threads

Top Bottom