• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

I've done the test twice and i've come up with:percentage breakdown of your results:
Introverted (I) 89% Extraverted (E) 11%
Intuitive (N) 68% Sensing (S) 32%
Thinking (T) 70% Feeling (F) 30%
Perceiving (P) 77% Judging (J) 23%
INTP ? Thinkers and Engineers

and also Introverted (I) 93% Extraverted (E) 7%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Thinking (T) 80% Feeling (F) 20%
Judging (J) 55% Perceiving (P) 45%
ISTJ ? Duty Fulfillers and Examiners

I think there both applicable, i have traits from both but the top one mainly INTP!

intp.

one of the better tests i've taken instructed to consider how you are in a "comfortable environment." after struggling for some time because i'm rarely comfortable, i took the test twice; once for how i am at home, and once for work. when i finished the second the result was intj. i've repeated the experiment several times with little variation.

on a more consistant daily basis and practically, i'm textbook intp and have tested that way for a lot of years.

I am not surprised at any Aspies whose last letters are --FP. If I understand this system, I would be very surprised at Aspies with --FJ. Because feeling, for an FP, is real, but hidden and introverted. For an FJ, feeling is out there and obvious, guiding external decisions. P means we deal with the external world through perception, which means not through the F part of us. This is the type of aspie who does not have cognitive empathy, but does have emotional empathy which remains unexpressed. Cognitive empathy refers to knowing what someone else is feeling. All aspies are bad at this, though it is a skill that can be developed through study. Emotional empathy means that if you know what someone is feeling, you feel with them. There are different sub-groups of Aspies/Autistics in regards to levels of emotional empathy. Some have it, some don't. An Aspis autistic whose type is --FP would fall in the first sub group.

I waver between having emotional empathy and not having it. I have emotional empathy with regards to some individual people, but not for others. I really didn't have it for anyone, til I was in my mid to late twenties. Then it developed. There's actually a story behind that. My cognitive empathy also improved because I've consciously studies it, but it's definitely an analytical thing, rather than an intuitive skill.

Last edited:
I am not surprised at any Aspies whose last letters are --FP. If I understand this system, I would be very surprised at Aspies with --FJ. Because feeling, for an FP, is real, but hidden and introverted. For an FJ, feeling is out there and obvious, guiding external decisions. P means we deal with the external world through perception, which means not through the F part of us. This is the type of aspie who does not have cognitive empathy, but does have emotional empathy which remains unexpressed. Cognitive empathy refers to knowing what someone else is feeling. All aspies are bad at this, though it is a skill that can be developed through study. Emotional empathy means that if you know what someone is feeling, you feel with them. There are different sub-groups of Aspies/Autistics in regards to levels of emotional empathy. Some have it, some don't. An Aspis autistic whose type is --FP would fall in the first sub group.

I waver between having emotional empathy and not having it. I have emotional empathy with regards to some individual people, but not for others. I really didn't have it for anyone, til I was in my mid to late twenties. Then it developed. There's actually a story behind that. My cognitive empathy also improved because I've consciously studies it, but it's definitely an analytical thing, rather than an intuitive skill.
I think I remember an INFJ on a type board who said they were an Aspie.
It's not so much about Feeling being "out there" or "hidden". The inner or outer orientation of the function indicates the standard that decisions are made by. Extraverted Feeling will reference other people's direct wants or needs, or a group consensus, while introverted Feeling looks inward for the universal needs which they will realize are shared by others. Both can express to others. Perhaps the effect AS has is that the Feeling is expressed less to others. Still, in either attitude, it will guide their decisions.

I think I remember an INFJ on a type board who said they were an Aspie.
It's not so much about Feeling being "out there" or "hidden". The inner or outer orientation of the function indicates the standard that decisions are made by. Extraverted Feeling will reference other people's direct wants or needs, or a group consensus, while introverted Feeling looks inward for the universal needs which they will realize are shared by others. Both can express to others. Perhaps the effect AS has is that the Feeling is expressed less to others. Still, in either attitude, it will guide their decisions.

You probably understand this subject better than I do. :) These words "introverted Feeling looks inward for the universal needs which they will realize are shared by others" describe me. But this is not expressed to others.

ISTJ
Introvert(78%) Sensing(88%) Thinking(38%) Judging(11%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have strong preference of Sensing over Intuition (88%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

INTP.

Several years ago I found out about Myers Briggs. Learning about my type has helped me greatly in discovering how my personality works. Even so, I always felt there was something else about me that couldn't be fully explained via MBTI. Latter, I would learn of Aspergers.

New Threads

Top Bottom